I felt like October just whizzed past me. So many things happened over a span of less than 31 days. Work has been unforgiving as usual. I'm strongly considering to ask for an internal transfer as soon as I'm eligible because I really cannot stand the pace and an ambitious team mate who's willing to make me look bad so that he can get ahead. There's also this other colleague who's so stubborn, sitting with him for a meeting earlier this month almost triggered my panic attack again. It was a sensation that I haven't felt in a while but suddenly returned this month. I guess I have been quite stressed out at work. I have finished almost 24 muscle relaxant pills this month..... That's how difficult this month has been...
![]() |
| Waiting to See The Doctor - Galaxy S23+ |
A colleague noticed my glucose monitoring patch and knew I have diabetes, he gave me a punnet of Japanese Shine Muscat grapes not long after. It was the kindest gesture I have ever received ever since I started working in ONE. Since a good deed deserves the same turn, I promptly gave him some Glaze cheese tarts on the day after.
![]() |
| A Kind Gesture From a Colleague - Galaxy S23+ |
My wife's uncle whom we address as "kujong" also had his 80th birthday this month. We went to Dusit Thani Laguna to celebrate his birthday. He shared with me about his diabetes issues as well. Turns out, it's quite a common ailment that affects quite a number of people.
![]() |
| At Our Kujong's 80th Birthday Party - Galaxy S23+ |
In any case, I had a good time in the party where I reconnected with a long forgotten karate club mate who happens to be assisting my kujong. It really is a small world after all.
![]() |
| Beautiful Night at Dusit Thani Laguna - Galaxy S23+ |
Not long after, it was time to visit Batam again. We had planned a food photoshoot to revamp the hotel menu. We took a lot of photos, most of which I was extremely dissatisfied with. I should have brought along a reflector and my tripod. It was such a stupid basic mistake.
![]() |
| Test Shot - Galaxy S23+ |
As I did not use any tripod, I couldn't set the aperture to high, resulting in some blurred areas in the photo.
| Fancy Banana Fritter - A7RMk3 + FE 24mm F1.4 GM |
| Sate Taichan Plate - A7RMk3 + FE 24mm F1.4 GM |
![]() |
| Martabak & Mie Goreng - A7RMk3 + FE 24mm F1.4 GM |
And the lack of a reflector meant that the objects were polluted by ambient light that resulted in some unpleasant hues on the reflective surfaces of the food items.
The photoshoot took 2 days, the 1st day for food, the 2nd day for drinks. At the end of the 1st day photoshoot, I sent the missus to Sports Massage and I went on to Nagoya Hill to purchase an espresso machine and a milk frother machine as well as 3 bags of coffee powder and a litre of milk. As soon as I went back to the hotel, I had a discussion with the beverage section staff on how to use the machine.
![]() |
| A Very Old Sewing Machine in Penuin Market - Galaxy S23+ |
![]() |
| A Sight That Really Shattered My Heart - Galaxy S23+ |
Before the start of the 2nd day's photoshoot, the missus and I dropped by Penuin market to pick up some clothes that were left with a seamstress. After I parked the car and walked towards the shop I saw 2 kids sleeping on a table in the market. The sight of them really affected me... When I think back about it, I should have bought some food and left it on the table for them. I really regretted not having done that.
On the following day I continued with the drinks photo shoot before finally going back home to Singapore.
![]() |
| Beverages From The New Espresso Machine - A7RMk3 + FE 24mm F1.4 GM |
![]() |
| Ferry Ride Back to Singapore - Galaxy S23+ |
Back in Singapore, my own Delonghi espresso machine had also arrived. I was so overjoyed that I made my first cup of cappuccino after cleaning the machine. It was a very good cup of cappuccino.
![]() |
| And This, From My Own Delonghi Dedica E685 - Galaxy S23+ |
Then sometime that week, I got word that one of my best friend's mom had passed away. It was a shocking news as they had just returned from a trip to Bangkok in June. I could but only express my deepest condolences to him for his loss.
![]() |
| The Wreath For My Friend, Helped by My FIL |
Just last Saturday, my sister had her wedding in Pan Pacific. It was a happy occassion of sorts where our family gathered again, even my brother and his wife flew in from Surabaya on my parents' insistence. Why "of sorts'? Coz my brother never fails to quarrel with my father whenever they are near each other. As for me, I regard the wedding with a healthy dose of skepticism, although for the sake of my sister's happiness, I hope I'm wrong.
![]() |
| Exchanging Rings - RX100Mk3 |
| After Signing The Marriage Certificate - RX100Mk3 |
Lincoln and Lindsay also helped by receiving, registering the guests and distributing the wedding favours on that day.
| Linc & Lind Waiting For The Guests - RX100 Mk3 |
The last time I was in Pan Pacific, it was to receive my 5 year award from K Line. It was a deja vu of sorts.
| Overlooking The City From My Sister's Bridal Suite - RX100Mk3 |
![]() |
| Inside Pan Pacific - Galaxy S23+ |
On the following day, the whole family sans my sister, her husband and her in-laws had dinner in Por Kee. I didn't really enjoy the dinner as I ended up with a slight gastric pain.
![]() |
| A Cute Cafe & Ice Cream Shop in Seng Poh Lane - Galaxy S23+ |
After the dinner my brother asked to be driven around for sightseeing which I obliged with much regret. Along the drive to Little India to see the festive lights, he kept on quarreling with my father and the loud noises almost triggerred another panic attack for me. I had to wind down the driver side window just to feel some air to calm me down.
I don't know how and why, but my brother has somewhat transformed into a boorish beast who speaks loudly with weird accents and improper choice of words... It was really a pain to hang around him.
Just earlier today I had lunch with the missus' cousin and her family. It was followed with a quick Google meet with the Batam team and a short walk around Margaret Drive and Dawson.
October is ending soon... I really can't wait for November to end so that I can be off for my holiday to Japan. Although I'm quite apprehensive about the trip, at least I'll escape my crazy work for a full 15 days.
Here's a closing shot for this month's entry:
![]() |
| Good Night From Harbour Bay - Galaxy S23+ |
~Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy S23+, Sony RX100 Mk3, Sony A7RMk3 + FE 24mm F1.4 GM~
















No comments:
Post a Comment