Monday, November 27, 2023

Nefarious November

Yes...  This has been an extremely wicked month where work is concerned.  This particular "team mate" of mine is really an asshole, and that's putting it mildly.  There was an instance when the overwhelming colleague (who made me got my chest tightness in our meeting last month) reached out from a JIRA story complaining about a feature that was supposed to have been deployed on the previous week but was nowhere to be found.  And this "team mate" of mine left a scorching remarks in the JIRA thread that really made my blood boil.  Turned out, the enhancement was overwritten by a deployment that made it gone missing.

What An Asshole - Galaxy S23+

The only reason this dickhead has the time to step in, is because he only does sprint coordination, which he doesn't do very well anyway (as evidently shown by his messed up UAT this month where users had to continuously ask the trainers for guidance during the UAT which ended up getting delayed), while I have to commit myself to different functions such as case management user stories, incident ticket tracking and resolution, storage and archival issues, performance analysis, such that I do not have the time to focus solely on 1 activity like he does.  To top it off, he works weekends and during his leave too during which he'll read service tickets for fun I guess and "stepped in", which shows just how pitiful his f💣ck💀ngly pathetic meagre life is.

To top that, this asshole simply loves pushing activities such as logging JIRA & Service Now tickets to me when it was him who discussed the details in the first place; oh yes, he's done that again this month.  He thinks that what he does is so important that he's allowed to order other people around.  Seriously, what makes he think I'm not stressed or busy myself?  I'm really sick of such behaviour and can't wait for my transfer window to open, especially as I see him being protected by the bosses.  Nefarious this person truly is, trying to get ahead at the expense of others.

Calls Calls Calls Calls... They Love to Talk And Make The Vendors Work - Galaxy S23+

Haizzzz!!!  Such a wicked month.  

An Occassional Escape From Work, Only to Return to More Work - Galaxy S23+

Lindsay who has heard me ranting at times, made such a sweet gesture and dropped this note in my bag.  It is such sweet gesture that gave me the capability to endure such abuses in the office.  There's a Chinese saying, your daughter now was your wife in your previous lives.  Perhaps there's some truth to it.

Love Letter From Lindsay - Galaxy S23+

WFH Days With 4 Shot Espresso + Cold Milk - Galaxy S23+

Earlier in the month I visited Batam again with the missus.  It was time to catch up on some overdue activities in the hotel.  

This Little Fella Greeted Us When We Returned to The Hotel - Galaxy S23+

I also injected almost $1k of my personal funds into Christmas decoration, additional light bulbs, Vietnamese drip coffee filter and cups, coffee grinder & Instagram ads despite the hotel making a loss in the month of October.  However, I'm playing the long game here.  My spendings are necessary investments to move forward and improve the hotel's overall image, especially when a new competitor has started operations in the 3rd week of November. 

Fan Shopping For The Cafe - Galaxy S23+

Fixed Fairy Lights at Level 4, Courtesy of My Own Pocket - Galaxy S23+

I can only hope that my investments will be returned handsomely in due course.

After the Batam trip I also had a chance to go out with 2 other colleagues for dinner where we ranted about stupid wishy washy bosses, absurdly expensive consultants and f💩c💥ing backstabbing colleagues. 

Waiting For The Colleagues & My Blood Glucose Post Dinner - Galaxy S23+

That was the first time in months I let loose of my eating and my blood glucose promptly shot up to 15.4 mmol, the highest it has ever been since I controlled my diet. Fortunately it was back to acceptable range some 3 hours after.

This month we also finally visited Musette, a fancy cafe very near our home for some fine Australian style brunch.

My Shakshuka Plate - Galaxy S23+

This month we also visited Labrador Park on the missus' insistence that the whole family go for a long walk on one of the weekends.  

Luxurious Yachts Abound - Galaxy S23+

With Reflections at Keppel Bay in View - Galaxy S23+

A View of PSA From The Park - Galaxy S23+

Despite the light drizzle, the views along the walk kept our spirits high.

Luxurious Abode by The Bay - Galaxy S23+

I also had some fun with Bing AI Image generator and generated this "disney" character called Tri. 

Say "hi" to The New "Tri" - Galaxy S23+

I ended up using that image as my profile picture at work. 

My Character Kinda Looks Like Stitch, Yea? - Galaxy S23+

I also baked some butter cookies this month after a long hiatus from baking.  

Home Baked Butter Cookies - Galaxy S23+

My first attempt failed as I thought the cookies didn't set and baked longer than I should resulting in them getting burned.  However I later learned that I had to let the cookie cool down in order to set, hence my 2nd attempt was met with success.

On a much brighter note, last week I visited my endocrinology specialist who advised me that my diabetes condition is under good control now.  My A1C has dropped from 11.6% to 6.1% over a period of 3 months while my LDL has dropped to 2.6.  I have now reduced my Metformin intake to 2 tablets a day.  However, I can see that my blood glucose level has stayed above 7 mmol in average....  I wonder if I this could affect my A1C level by the next check-up in February 2024.

And this week, my in-laws came for a visit, supposedly to fetch my helper and accompany her home while we embark on our holidays to Japan in 3 days' time. 

More Coffee Towards The End of November - Galaxy S23+

I really look forward to my holiday, not because I'll be going to Japan, but simply because I want to get off work and escape the assholes in office.  Truth is I don't even mind spending 15 days in Batam without checking work chat and emails as long as I don't have to see them.

Just 2 more days to go at work.....  Here's a closing shot for this month's entry: 

Lindsay Doing Math Practice - Galaxy S23+

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+~

No comments:

Post a Comment