May has been an extremely packed month, I was even considering recapping this month's entry as "Machine Gun May", but I thought it wouldn't rhyme so well. So "Madhouse" it is as the word describes the packed month quite appropriately anyway.
 |
| Sunday Latte - Galaxy S23+ |
I started this month by letting my managers know of my intention to transfer to another department. I saw an opportunity in another department which I thought could be suitable, so I tried my luck. I was really pissed off with the higher boss' lack of wisdom in program management (or he might just simply don't care) as well as my immediate manager's unquestioning acquiescence to his unreasonable demands and expectations.
 |
| I Felt Like I've Started a War... - Galaxy S23+ |
Unfortunately, I'm only open to transfer from September onwards, so there's still a good 4 months to go. I don't think the other department would like to get me, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
A friend who's been fed up with the conditions have also been searching for new jobs and so far he's gotten 2 interviews while I've gotten none. I feel so frustrated sometimes with my own search, wondering why I can't get any hits.. I'm quite desperate for a move now that I'm even considering a position in the agency office. But let's see what happens first.....
Work has been "disgusting" too as my team mates started training the end users for the Salesforce X SAP integration project. In fact this week I had 2 days when I finished work at almost 9 p.m. due to training calls with the France team. Fortunately I have not had to work Sundays for most of May, as there were fewer bugs getting released due to reduction of BAU sprint stories, as well as the Vietnam Product Owner moving the pre-deployment call to Friday mornings which made my Mondays less hectic somewhat. Next week's schedule is still disgusting with half an hour lunch breaks on Monday, Tuesday and calls till 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday. I really hate this team's dynamics as well as the boss' fu💀💣ed up blind ambition which puts undue stress and pressure for everyone downstream.
This month saw me visiting several places I don't usually frequent, starting with NUS University Town.
 |
| Inside NUS University Town - Galaxy S23+ |
We went to NUS University Town by chance as when sending Lindsay to tuition in Bukit Timah, we couldn't get any parking due to the heavy rain and extremely packed traffic in the area. That was quite a good diversion as we ended up having Waa Cow for brunch.
 |
| Our Waa Cow Brunch - Galaxy S23+ |
In one of our weekly walks the missus and I went to Holland Village and came to know of the new One Holland Village mall.
 |
| Hello Holland Village - Galaxy S23+ |
The mall's vibes reminds me very much of Kuta Beachwalk with open air pet friendly surroundings as well as some brands that are rarely found in the other cookie cutter malls scattered throughout Singapore.
 |
| Spring Scented Plaza - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| Mother's Day Art Work - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| A Nice Looking Cake Shop - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| And an Atas Matcha Cafe - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| Inside Bubble Tea Shop Holin - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| Trying Some Egglet Cakes - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| Coconut Milk Froyo - Galaxy S23+ |
One Holland Village certainly brings a whiff of fresh air and sensation that is unconventional among other Singapore malls for sure.
After our discovery of One Holland Village, we explored the old Holland Village neighbourhood which I've been so familiar with since my Ghim Moh secondary school days.
 |
| Lorong Mambong Pubs - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| Freshly Renovated Holland Piazza - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| Beautiful Mural Outside Little Farms - Galaxy S23+ |
Alas, 2 days after the visit to Holland Village, I started exhibiting flu symptoms. I had sudden unexplained feverish bouts and extreme fatigue, followed by a very bad sore throat and runny nose till I decided to visit the company's doctor and was given 2 days MC, which I only used half a day. For safety sake I tested myself for COVID and my fear was proven right when I tested positive a day after the doctor visit.
 |
| COVID..... Again.... - Galaxy S23+ |
However as it was my WFH day, I continued working as usual, as my team mates were conducting user training and I somehow felt obliged to go through the sessions with them. It didn't help that work still poured in anyway.....
 |
| Sometimes I Wonder What Made Her Change So Fast - Galaxy S23+ |
This month also saw me and the missus meeting Lincoln's form teachers during the Parent Teacher Meeting session where we had a talk about his frequent lateness, his grades and his stupidity fueled amorous fling with one of his classmates. This boy just never stops giving me problems..
Moving on to the brighter side of things.... This month I baked again - Earl Grey Chocolate Chip muffins. I think the flavour is too exotic for the kids, I'll just do a normal chocolate chip muffin for my next bake.
 |
| Rising Muffins - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| Ready to Eat - Galaxy S23+ |
The missus' MacBook Air also arrived early in the month, all the way from Shanghai. It was very quickly configured and ready to go. The machine is at least 3 times faster than her current iMac. It certainly is a badly required upgrade for the missus.
 |
| A Fine Piece of Machinery - Galaxy S23+ |
The missus' mom and brother also came for a visit. They had to come when I was down with COVID. But not that it mattered, because work kept me too busy from entertaining them anyway - it was the training period for the fu💀💣ed up Salesforce X SAP project. It wouldn't have mattered even if I were fine then.
 |
| A Souvenir From Shanghai For Lincoln - Galaxy S23+ |
Just yesterday the missus and I dropped by her office one final time for her to pick up a package from one of her colleagues who's quite affected by her departure. At the same time she double checked her office iMac to make sure that she does not have any personal data left in that iMac.
The missus and the kiddos will also be going on a 2 week holiday to Bandung & Purwokerto starting this Friday. I won't be accompanying them since I'm still stuck at work and I just don't feel like going anyway.
And lastly, as I'm still recovering from COVID, today's the 2nd time I had to skip karate class this month. So I went to Vivocity with the missus to look at the wonderful Donald 90 exhibits.
 |
| Just Some of The Exhibits at Vivocity - Galaxy S23+ |
Donald Duck is my favourite Disney character followed by Uncle Scrooge. I simply had to splurge on the wonderful collectibles that were on sale.
 |
Recently Acquired Donald Duck Tomica Collection - Galaxy S23+
|
 |
| And Mystery Box Figurines - Galaxy S23+ |
There's still a good 5 4 days till May ends. And already I'm hating the week that's starting tomorrow today... Just this afternoon I got word from my mom that her younger brother passed away while in foster care - rest his poor soul really... As a result she had to scramble back to Indonesia just hours after arriving in Singapore. I can only hope and hope and hope.... that June will be better. Somehow...
Here's a closing shot for this month's entry:
 |
| Beautiful Purple Sunset This Evening - Galaxy S23+ |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+ ~
No comments:
Post a Comment