Thursday, October 31, 2024

Ordinary October

October has been a plain sailing month, even to this date which is the last day of the month.  Work was OK, I mean I'm still doing lousy stuff which won't give me any promotion and such, but I'm cleaning up 💩 from the SAP integration project, where scenarios and situations the analysts did not think of finally showed up as service tickets.  These "cases" appear on the KPI dashboards, or in some cases are missing...  So it's up to me to fix those.  This month I also went to a Salesforce event in Raffles Hotel.  It was the first time I attended such a glamorous vendor event.  Prior to the start of the event I started feeling my panic attack returning.  I guess it was because the place was rather dark, packed with so many people and loud sounds that almost triggerred another attack.  Fortunately a staff ushered us to the front seat where I picked the corner most seat to get more space.  I managed to get the panic attack under control.

Waiting For The Event to Start - Galaxy S23+

Before the start of the event we were treated to a sumptous buffet lunch which certainly lived up to the hotel's reputation.  I had some of the best butter chicken and creamed fish, along with a nice pandan chiffon cake.  That chiffon cake really made me want to bake again... 

Amazing Lunch Before The Event - Galaxy S23+

The missus was still in Korea at the start of the month, so on 1 weekend I went for brunch at Oven & Fried Chicken with Linc only.  We sticked to the basics which were salad and fried chicken.

Boys' Brunch With Linc - Galaxy S23+

On the following Sunday I also decided to try cooking steak again for the kids.  Although this attempt was slightly more successful, I still wasn't satisfied with the result.  The steak could have been more tender.

Still a Bit Tough, But Better Than Last Time - Galaxy S23+

In any case I've purchased 2 more slabs of ribeye steaks which I'll try to cook this coming Sunday.  Let's see if I can nail it this time.

This month also saw an amazing supermoon on 17th October.  I tried capturing a photo of it, unfortunately my 240mm lens couldn't get a lot of details.   

The Super Moon - A7RMk3 + FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3

It was still an amazing sight to behold nonetheless.

Great View of Alexandra Road as Usual - A7RMk3 + FE24-240mm F3.5-6.3

This month we also skipped karate training for 2 weeks as the Sensei had to go for an Autumn camp in the JKA Honbu Dojo, followed by a competition.  So last Sunday we went on a movie trip to Suntec City to catch Wild Robot.  We then finished the outing with lunch at Marutama Ramen Millenia Walk.

Aka Zenbu - Galaxy S23+

The ramen did not taste so good this time around, the flavours somehow did not infuse so well with the noodles.  The soup was not so tasty too.  Maybe next time they'll do better. 

Just last Saturday I went on a walk with the missus again on our usual route, this time we walked further to Esplanade before turning back.

Nice View of The River - Galaxy S23+

For some reasons this month my panic attacks are coming back again, I had to take the xanax once.  My stomach cramps also returned for no apparent reason which really puzzled me.  The past 1 week had been terrible, I even had breathing difficulty episodes with cramps around my diaphragm.

And on Monday this week, I went on a trip to Salesforce's office in Suntec City.  I took a bus trip from home, reached Suntec City for a short lunch before finally making my way up to the office.  

On 111 From Tanglin to Suntec - Galaxy S23+

They have quite a nice view from their office, although the office felt warm and stuffy, which was really uncomfortable.

A Fresh View of Suntec - Galaxy S23+

In any case, I quickly made my way home as soon as the event was over.  

Just earlier today, which is a Deepavali holiday, we went to Jewel to pick up Lindsay's JR Pass after we had lunch at Kko Kko Nara.  The Kko Kko Nara in Jewel is a pass....  

29 days from now I'll be away for my Japan holiday.  I really look forward to it and I just want to escape all the assholes in office.  All the work I have done this month has been mostly about finding fault with another team that's been making life a living hell.  Not to mention how I've come to terms with my absolutely zero prospects in the team, so I just have to play along until opportunities come again in April 2025.  Right now, I just want to survive till then with no incidents.

Here's a closing shot for this month's entry, and hoping for a smooth November ahead.

Beautiful Sunset Over Redhill - Galaxy S23+

~ Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy S23+, Sony A7RMk3 + FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment