Friday, May 30, 2025

Maddening May

May has been an awful month where work is concerned.  The SAP integration project went Live on 26th May, however I had overlooked one issue related to displaying the dispute intent on the chat menu and another issue on an onboarding setup for China.  

What upset me most was that the manager just took me off the onboarding process and asked the obnoxious asshole to take over, I felt like I haven't been given the chance to fix my mistakes.  I was extremely upset, even coming to the verge of wanting to cry.  As that asshole took over the onboarding activities, he started asking questions that made me feel like I haven't done my work.  Well....  The miss on displaying the intent on chat menu was because he said we just need 1 user story and the different teams will work from that user story.  Guess what... the other team didn't come in at all.  I had asked if I need to create another ticket and he said "No", so I had assumed that the other team would come in by themselves.  Man...  it was such a big mistake to just trust him, although I was also at fault for not performing the check on Live environment.  To make things worse, the China team came with a last minute request on Friday to update the queue setup for the web channel.  I was so pissed off, they didn't respond to my inquiries timely, so I fixed the onboarding setup for them, and then at the eleventh hour they mentioned it is not what they want.

Unceremoniously Taken Off The Project

The asshole noticed those and made noise to the manager who finally took me off the onboarding and gave everything to him.  I was so... so embarrassed, even to the development team.  It was so difficult to get by this week...  I'm just glad the work week is over. 

Moving on to other pleasant things this month.  I had the chance to tour a 14000 TEU vessel at the start of the month with a close friend at work.  

Hello ONE Monaco - Galaxy S23+

Stern View of The Vessel - Galaxy S23+

Outside The Bridge - Galaxy S23+

It was an interesting journey to view the container operations up close, going onboard an 8 year old vessel which is considered "new".  

View of Pasir Panjang Container Yard - Galaxy S23+

Port Operations Up Close - Galaxy S23+

Nice View of The Open Sea - Galaxy S23+

Another ONE Vessel Behind - Galaxy S23+

This time around I even made it down to the engine room, which really felt claustrophobic.  The moment we arrived at the engine room I started to panic, and I was really hoping the entourage didn't notice.  The moment we arrived at a closed space I started coughing as I felt my chest getting tighter and my breathing getting difficult... I was clenching my chest the whole time, until we reached the air conditioned office.  I was still panicking upon seeing there's no window at all in that space.  So I kept myself distracted by continuously talking to the chief engineer.  

The Main Engine - Galaxy S23+

It was such a relief when we started making our way out.  

Despite that unpleasant panic attack, it really was a good experience which I really cherished.  I mean... who can really go into the port, onboard a container vessel and walk around like you're a crew member rite? 

Selfie For Memory - Galaxy S23+

This month I also visited Batam, which had been long overdue.  It was a good catch up with the team, and also for me to get acquainted with the new team members. 

BHH Night View - Galaxy S23+

Aside from work there was also a visit to Bakmi Harum, trying out a new Japanese style cafe called Itsumo.  

Familiar Taste of Bakmi Harum - Galaxy S23+

Fancy Cheese Tart and Soft Serve in Itsumo - Galaxy S23+

The missus had gotten herself well familiarized with Batam that she knows the place better than I do now. 

Stray Cat Outside Itsumo - Galaxy S23+

The missus and I also went to watch The Phantom of The Opera some time in the middle of this month.  I was really stressed out by the performance, luckily we sat near the exit and I also managed to keep my panic attack under control.  

Waiting For The Performance to Start - Galaxy S23+

This month I started baking again.  Started with a batch of chocolate chip muffins, then some brownies, also made baked spaghetti to experiment with savoury bakes.

1st Batch of Chocolate Chip Muffins - Galaxy S23+

I also went vegetarian for 7 days to celebrate Vesak, and went to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple on Vesak day itself to get blessed.  

I also had 3 rolls that were surprisingly more than 9 years old and I was very pleasantly surprised to see the photos after they were processed. 

Lindsay 3 Years Old I think - Natura Classica + Natura 1600

2Ls - Natura Classica + Natura 1600

2Ls Again - Natura Classica + Natura 1600

At Our New Home - Natura Classica + Natura 1600

It was like discovering a treasure trove of old memories.  

Lindsay Can't Remember When - Natura Classica + Kodak Portra 200

Lindsay Again - Natura Classica + Kodak Portra 200

2Ls - Natura Classica + Kodak Portra 200

Lindsay in Purwokerto - Natura Classica + Kodak Portra 200

2Ls - Natura Classica + Kodak Portra 200

And then I started running again...  My best timing so far was 4 Km in 30 minutes.  As my left elbow has strangely been hurting for most of this month, I stopped weight lifting for a while.  And that did not been well for my blood sugar, so I decided to start running again on the treadmill.  Even got a new pair of Asics Kayano 31, just for running.  

I aim to run 12 Km/week.  But this week I didn't hit that target.  I was too upset with work, such that when I got home I didn't want to do anything anymore.  

Lastly....  I went for an internal transfer interview yesterday.  I made the request to transfer after I decided that I can no longer be around in this stupid team.  I really don't know how this transfer attempt will turn out, although I felt that it was the best interviews I've had so far.  However I'm also wary that they had pointed out I don't have the process experience.  But I made it a point to show them that I'm resourceful and curious, always open to learning new things.  

My 3rd Transfer Request in ONE

Man....   I hope that will turn out well, because if it doesn't then I'll have to continue searching again.  Life has become extremely unbearable at work... 

As May comes to a close, I'm hoping for a brighter June ahead....  And as usual, here's a closing shot for this month's entry. 

My Daughter's Growing Up Too Fast - Galaxy S23+

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+, Fujifilm Natura Classica, Natura 1600 & Kodak Portra 200 ~   

No comments:

Post a Comment