August has been another exhausting month. Lincoln's citizenship appeal by the MP was rejected, next week we'll see the MP again to see what they can recommend. I really don't understand ICA, the boy was born here, lived here all his life and they still won't accept his application. There have been various information, such as having to apply as a family, him having to volunteer at some charitable organisations, etc. In any case we just have to try again because I think if he were to use his 'O' level results in his fresh application his chances will get worse.
Just today I feel so dejected looking at how my children simply have no desire to be serious in their studies. Even Lindsay's grades are dropping because she's now choosing to spend more time on her PLD and the missus' computer while Lincoln has been his usual nonchalant self. I feel like I'm the only one who's putting my 100% into supporting this family while everyone else just take me for granted. I wonder why am I holding on to that stinking job that consumes me if I'm not even appreciated in this family.
 |
| Dinner With The Kids at Shake Shack - Galaxy S26 Ultra |
Anyway, I'm diving in full 100% into this new PO role for good now that the former PO has left for Chicago, even conducting late night calls to sync up with the US colleagues. My old friend who's now in CLT kept on encouraging me, pointing out how I've managed to get my hands dirty in this role in a good way. Bless him truly for being on my side.
 |
| Lunar Eclipse Last Week - Galaxy S26 Ultra |
Work has not been without it's fair share of drama too, especially since the witch manager is not releasing me till October. I'm pissed off because my mid-year evaluation will be determined by her to a certain degree. I'll just have to rely on luck to get by. I'll also be missing a trip to Vietnam as it will be taking place during the week I'm renewing my passport. I'm not crying over that, because frankly I don't think I'm in a good state to travel now. I'm really worried my panic attacks will get the better of me later on.
 |
| Waiting to Fetch The Missus at Vivocity Promenade - Galaxy S26 Ultra |
This month the missus had a biopsy done to check a mass in her breast, which thankfully is benign after all. However the doctor asked her to do another mammogram in February 2027. Better to be safe than sorry.
 |
| Waiting For The Biopsy to Start - Galaxy S26 Ultra |
I'm almost returning to Karate class for good. Unfortunately I was put out of order yesterday due to a cold bug. It's still difficult whenever I get back to practice, mostly because I haven't been attending class regularly, my fitness level has dropped quite a bit when it comes to performing explosive moves.
 |
| Waiting Outside The Karate Class - Galaxy S26 Ultra |
Speaking about my health, ever since I put on the CGM, I've been controlling my blood sugar better. As a result I'm experiencing less pain nowadays. Just today I completed my fastest run in such a long time, thanks to Initial D's Euro Beat playlist.
 |
| I Will Get Faster - Galaxy S26 Ultra |
I also had 2 rolls of films processed this month. I concluded that I can only use my Natura Classica under good sunlight. The shots came back mostly blurry and bad... Perhaps the fact that the film has expired for more than 10 years also played a big part.
 |
| Quite Under Exposed - Natura Classica + NP1600 |
 |
| Also Under Exposed - Natura Classica + NP1600 |
The Kodak film taken from 公公's Espio + Kodak 100 turned out much better.
 |
| Pentax Espio + Kodak |
 |
| Pentax Espio + Kodak |
 |
| Pentax Espio + Kodak |
 |
| Pentax Espio + Kodak |
I also got a portable flash for my X-E5, I feel like I'm ready to take on the world with that setup now.
The hotel has been doing very well too in the last 2 months, thanks to the Malaysian crowd who came in throngs, which benefitted Kuta Kute Nagoya too. I hope things will stabilize soon and I'll prove to my father that I have things under control here. Sadly, no matter how well things will be, I still can't escape the freaking rat race in Singapore, although I'm glad that July's owner share is higher than my take home pay. For once, that's ample breathing room for us.
 |
| Brunch at Halcyon and Crane Paragon - Galaxy S26 Ultra |
Speaking of the hotel, the HR manager who resigned suddenly contacted me today asking about severance pay for her resignation which caught me off guard because I have instructed the accounting to make the payment. Turned out the accounting staff missed to make the payment so I asked her to do it tomorrow. But what struck me was when the HR manager said it is a government regulation, which when I counter checked seem to not apply. Apparently she got her source from an Instagram account, which does not seem to follow government rules. Anyway.... I'll just pay her 1 month basic salary.
My Oakley specs broke last week because of my silly mistake of tightening it too much. Fortunately Spectacle Hut gave me a free replacement which I got back today.
 |
| The Missus Was in That Ferry - Galaxy S26 Ultra |
In 3 days I will turn 45. I feel my age closing in for sure. I have gotten tired of working in ONE, but quitting does not seem to be an option now.
Here's a closing shot for this month's entry:
 |
| Outside Vivo Looking at Good Old Harbourfront - Galaxy S26 Ultra |
~Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S26+, Fujifilm Natura Classica + Natura 1600, Pentax Espio + Kodak (Can't remember the film)~
No comments:
Post a Comment