Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Children's Garden on D5300

Well, seems like I'm writing a series on Gardens by The Bay now....  This time around, instead of bringing a mirrorless I decided to use a DSLR to photograph the kids.  In my opinion, Nikon makes some of the best APS-C DSLR cameras.

Overview of the Children Garden

The reasons why DSLR cameras will still stay for good are because the batteries last longer than mirrorless and they are generally faster in continuous shootings and auto-focus speed and accuracy.
I don't see myself ditching my DSLR cameras whether now or in the future.

I really enjoyed shooting with the D5300 + AF-S 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR this time around.  The camera locked on accurately and quickly on the kids even as they run around unabated.

Oh yes, this boy always gets this excited whenever we visit Children Garden

His feet didn't even touch the ground
This time around I got better photos of Lindsay too.  The colors are more natural and the bokeh much better than my first attempt with the Fujinon XF 55-200mm.  Unfortunately I didn't realize that I had set the aperture to automatic, so there were times I was shooting with F 7.1 and above, that didn't isolate the subject well......

Run and laugh, run and laugh....

Excited to see her mom waved at her
A short entry today....  Here's a closing shot of Lindsay for this entry.

Jumping in frozen water droplets
 ~ Photos taken with Nikon D5300 + AF-S 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR ~

No comments:

Post a Comment