Let's break the monotony of Gardens by The Bay entries and have a little of variety, so I looked thru my photo library and I think I'll write on a visit to Underwater World in Sentosa at 2014 (http://www.underwaterworld.com.sg/) - Underwater World has since ceased operation from 27 June 2016.
| A large freshwater fish, I can't remember if this is a Sturgeon or another kind |
Underwater World may be struggling for relevance now that SEA Aquarium is operating in the same place (just a stone's throw away, but more literally like a short monorail ride), but the fish exhibits they have includes the fresh water varieties instead of just the salt water ones in SEA Aquarium. Understandably, the River Safari in Singapore zoo now has the largest collection of freshwater fish. However, Underwater World's dolphin shows might still draw some crowd albeit having to watch it under the hot sun. Fortunately the duration is not that long.
For the kids, it was the first time they got to see fish up close, so it was exciting for them. The wonderful thing about children is that, it doesn't take much to make them happy.
There's also a freshwater fish pool where visitors can touch and feel the fish. There's a variety of colourful rays and normal looking fish (as in they have normal fishy shape).
| Open pool fish display where visitors can touch and feel the various colourful fish |
And here are some other snapshots I took of the place.
![]() |
| Inside the aquarium tunnel |
| Close up of tiny sea horses |
![]() |
| A shy crab hiding by an aquarium's corner |
It was such a pity that I hadn't mastered using my Fujifilm X-E2 during the visit. I had with me the excellent Fujinon XF23mmF1.4R, unfortunately my photos didn't do much justice to that lens and excellent camera. Another thing to note, the aquarium glasses were so thick that refraction occurred quite badly, so manual AF might work best in this setting, provided you're proficient with it.
Here's a closing shot for this entry.
| A random shot inside the aquarium tunnel |
~ Photos taken with Fujifilm X-E2 + Fujinon XF 23mm F1.4R ~


No comments:
Post a Comment