There was a period when I wanted some interesting Fridates with my wife so we went around trying new spots. Another hip place we tried was the famous 2AM Dessert Bar in Holland Village.
We arrived quite early in 2AM as we didn't make any reservations and it was a Friday after all. But we can't have dinner made up of desserts only so we ordered some savories to go along.
![]() |
| Chicken Taco; there was another Mac and Cheese but it looked like any other so I didn't take the photo |
I had actually intended to order the Cassis Bombe, The Cassis Bombe was featured as a challenge dish in 2015 Master Chef Australia so I was really interested in trying it out. However it has quite a lot of alcohol in the form of a Cassis jelly, surrounding garnish and even the Bombe itself which I believe should contain Cassis wine.
So we settled for a milder Apple Bombe to start the dessert journey with. I also ordered another dish called Chocolate H2O which as the name indicates, a chocolate based dessert.
![]() |
| Apple Bombe - the jelly on top is alcoholic, so is the granita underneath the bombe |
![]() |
| Chocolate Caramel, lime sorbet (I think that was lime..) and some cookie crumbs |
As I don't take alcohol, naturally I did not enjoy the Apple Bombe. Even the smell of the granita gave me a light headache (yes, that's how low my alcohol tolerance is...). The chocolate H2O has strong flavours all over. The salted caramel is surprisingly salty with almost no hint of sweetness and the chocolate cake was very bitter. The sorbet was very much needed to neutralize the potent mix of strong flavours in the dish. I would have liked the dish better if there had been more sorbet.
So after scoring blanks twice, we decided to have another dessert. After some feedback and consultation with one of the waitresses, she has a rough idea of what we like and recommended a Pandan themed dessert called Shade of Green.
![]() |
| Pandan Ice Cream, Meringue, cake and cream |
This Shade of Green is exactly the kind of dessert I and my wife like. The cakes are moist, sweet and well flavoured. The meringue is very nice! The pandan ice cream is heavenly. This is what I and my wife will order again the next time we visit 2AM.
No closing shot this time.. I took too few photos when I was in 2AM itself. I had wanted to take a photo of the iconic Holland Village windmill, but it was taken down for a renovation. I hope it will be around the next time we visit 2AM.
~ Photos taken with LG G5 ~




No comments:
Post a Comment