Monday, July 4, 2016

Kidzania Trip - July 2016

Last Friday we went to Kidzania in Sentosa.  On my wife's suggestion, I had promised Lincoln to bring him to Kidzania as his birthday present.  And I think it was a very good suggestion indeed as the kids certainly had a good time.

From the start both Lincoln and Lindsay were already very excited and couldn't wait to start.

Outside Kidzania
Once inside, we first had a quick breakfast.  After that we went on trying lots of different "occupations" for the kids. We started at about 10 am, and despite the day being an off-peak period, the waiting time was considerably long - between 25 to 40 minutes and up to 90 minutes for popular activities.  We ended the day at about 17:30 as Lindsay was rather tired already - it was past her afternoon nap time.

Some interior shots of the complex
And more of the same
The kids tried to do different occupations and then they get "paid" after they completed the activities for the occupations.  The place reminded me a lot of UK section in Museum Angkut back in Batu.  But Kidzania is much tidier, better managed  and organized overall.

The kids had a great time trying different occupations.  Although they didn't understand very well what they were doing, it was really fun.  If Lindsay were older I suppose she would have enjoyed it more, but I could see that she had a great time anyway.

The kids as tiny firefighters
Trying their hands at being couriers
And paramedics
Some of the "occupations" I highly recommend for the kids to try are fire fighter, airline pilot and cabin crew, pizza making, ice cream maker, paramedics, cash delivery couriers, radio DJ, photojournalists and reporters.

I guess we'll be making a return trip to Kidzania when the kids are older so they can try out other occupations such as radio DJ, photojournalists, reporters, TV hosts and cooking activities.  These are the kind of activities that require them being able to read fluently and at least follow instructions well.  Lincoln actually could follow the cooking activities such as baking pizzas, making ice cream and fried chicken just that Lindsay couldn't.

~ Photos taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF 16mm F1.4R WR ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment