Sunday, July 23, 2017

Bangkok Biz Trip 2017 - Part 1

For the next phase of the project, I had to travel to Bangkok.  This time it was an 8 days trip including another weekend stay.  But at least I'm very familiar with Bangkok so I didn't find it as boring as it was in Ho Chi Minh.

This time my gears are my back-up Fujifilm X-A10 + XF14mm F2.8R WR.

The trip started with the usual shot of the plane I'd be flying in.  

Usual shot of the plane on the tarmac
And as soon as I landed, got a tourist SIM card, I hopped on a taxi to the city.  

This is a very well blessed Taxi
This time I stayed in Pullman Bangkok G in Silom.  The weirdest thing is, I stayed in this same property before when I was still working for NYK.  9 years ago this was Sofitel.  Thunder did strike twice huh...   

Anyway I got the brand new all white room in the hotel, very bright, clean and minimalist spacious. 
A different kind of room welcoming me in Pullman Bangkok G
The view from the window is very good too.  This is what it looked like when I came in.  

Silom at late afternoon
After check-in I had to make a stop at K Line Thailand to see some friends from the IT department.  Then it was a quick trip to Silom Complex to get some toiletries and snacks for the week.  Then I returned to the hotel to check work e-mails and prepare for the following day's session.  

Again, I had to take a photo outside.  

No tripod needed, just rest the camera on the window ledge
The meeting room was conveniently located at the floor right under where my room was.  And I could just take the stairs down right into the meeting room.  

Yep, those are my stuffs there right in front
Thursday and Friday were spent finalizing the training materials and preparing any data we might have missed before.  We also printed out the exercise materials for the participants and placed them neatly on the tables with their name tags.  

As soon as work hour ended, I headed straight to The EmQuartier to get some Muay Thai equipment for my wife.  She wanted a new pair of gloves from Fairtex, I ended up getting her two as the price was very good as compared to if she had bought them in Singapore.  

So many gloves, but only two hands...  Fairtex is an excellent brand from Thailand
The EmQuartier is an extremely huge mall.  I think it is worth paying a visit next time I come to Bangkok for a holiday.  

Waterfall Quartier of the EmQuartier
The EmQuartier from Phrom Phong BTS Station
Right opposite The EmQuartier is another mall called the Emporium.  What amazes me is how easily inter-connected these luxury malls are, not only to one another but also to the Sky Train station.  To get to The EmQuartier and Emporium you just need to take the BTS to Phrom Phong.  

The Emporium which is exactly opposite the EmQuartier
And right before Phrom Phong is another humongous mall called Terminal 21.  It is an interesting thematic mall, each level is named after a famous country/city: there was the San Francisco level, Japan level, Istanbul level and some others I cannot remember.  

Istanbul level in Terminal 21

A replica of Golden Gate bridge at the top most level of Terminal 21
Another shot of Istanbul level
A large escalator ferrying visitors 2 levels up
A beautiful light house at the basement of Terminal 21
So after exploring Sukhumvit area I decided to call it a day and return to the hotel.  So long for now Terminal 21.  

Terminal 21 shot from the BTS
Here's a closing shot for this entry: 

Silom in blue
~ Photos taken with Fujifilm X-A10 + XF14mm F2.8R WR~

No comments:

Post a Comment