The 2nd part of the entry will be about my visit to Wat Pho which is about 40 minutes away from Pullman G.
Wat Pho is a sprawling temple complex. This temple is where the Reclining Buddha is located. There's an entrance fee of 100 Baht which includes a free bottle of drinking water. There's also a guided tour option which I strongly recommend if you're visiting Wat Pho for the first time.
I spent a good 90 minutes or so in Wat Pho just going around, taking photos, admiring the stupas and Buddhist statues.
 |
| The Giant Reclining Buddha statue in Wat Pho |
 |
| From another angle |
 |
| To make merit is an important concept in Buddhism, not just for good Karma but also to spread joy to others |
 |
| That's the exit... I think... I can't remember..... |
 |
| Outside the building that houses the Reclining Buddha |
 |
| Towering Stupas |
 |
| A wide angle look of the stupa |
 |
| Smaller stupas all around in Wat Pho |
 |
| Chinese influenced statues all around too |
 |
| More of Wat Pho |
Some areas were closed for restoration work so I won't be surprised to see something new the next time I visit Wat Pho.
After I've finished praying and explored Wat Pho, next stop is the Erawan shrine in Ratchaprasong. This shrine has seen some violent past when a mentally ill person damaged the Erawan statue and also survived a bombing. But loyal devotees never stopped coming. I've been coming to pray at this shrine annually every time I visit Bangkok, this time should be no different.
 |
| The crowd never stopped coming |
 |
| from another angle |
 |
| The statue of the revered Four Faced Buddha |
Once I'm done praying and exploring Siam Paragon I returned to the hotel to rest.
In late afternoon I went out again, but just to nearby Silom Complex in Sala Daeng. I took the BTS instead of walking.
 |
| Sala Daeng BTS Station |
After dinner and getting some snacks in the supermarket, I returned to the hotel again to put my stuffs down then I went out again to Central World, but there was not much to see as there was a major renovation going on.
On Sunday, I set off to Ratchaprasong again to pray at Erawan shrine again. After I finished praying I walked to Siam Paragon to get some shots of the BTS rail tracks.
 |
| BTS tracks on top going to Siam Paragon |
 |
| This like a skywalk from Siam to Ratchaprasong, usually very crowded, which is why I'm quite happy to get this shot |
I also wanted to visit the Line Village in Siam Square One and here's a cute shot of the characters.
 |
| Line cuteness |
By noon I returned to the hotel again, checked the training materials and went through them one more time just to be sure. Then I went down to the training room to make sure that no one had touched or moved any of the training materials.
 |
| Everything looks ready and set to go |
Then in the evening I went to Silom Complex again to get some Hello Kitty stuffs for my daughter.
 |
| Hello Kitty for Lindsay |
And by the time I returned to the hotel, the weekend is finally over.
The training took place from Monday to Thursday and nothing exciting happened as I just ended the day preparing for the following day and checking work e-mails.
Before I left we took this group photo of the e-commerce team.
 |
| We're the ONE-Line e-commerce dream team |
I couldn't wait to go home on Thursday, I was really looking forward to it as I missed the kids very much.
While going to the boarding gate I snapped some photos of the airport.
 |
| There's no way you can miss this after you cleared the immigration |
 |
| That's a long way to the gate... |
 |
| Just go all the way down to the boarding gate |
And that's the plane taking me home.
 |
| Can't wait to board the plane and get home |
I reached Singapore at 10 pm and got home slightly after half an hour later. It's nice to be back home.
Here's a closing shot for this entry:
 |
| Buddha statues in Wat Pho |
~ Photos taken with Fujifilm X-A10 + XF14mmF2.8R WR~
No comments:
Post a Comment