Yeah.. that's what I'm feeling right now. Jettisoned. June has been a month of many departures. One of my colleagues whom I can usually let loose with in the office resigned abruptly. After his resignation, two of his buddies from the same department also left... I've known them for quite a while. In fact they were some of the last few people in the office who knew me from the containership days.
![]() |
| Harbourfront - A7R2 + FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS |
I have to admit that I'm not taking their departures very well, as such I've been feeling rather down lately. I can't help but feel like a relic that should have left eons ago. Unfortunately, lady luck has not been so kind to me at the moment.
The departures didn't stop there. Some people from my Dojo also left. There's this lady who comes to practice with her 2 children. She's been coming to the Dojo for almost 2 years. We used to be neighbours too back in Jalan Membina. And all of a sudden, she's moving to Japan in July. THe whole family leaving.. Wow.. Imagine my surprise..
![]() |
| Cable Car Tower - A7R2 + FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS |
Still from the Dojo, one of my training buddies also suddenly got posted back to Japan. He's been here for a rather short time actually, less than a year. His departure was really quite a shock. We're both helicopter parents who bring our sons to training and always kept watch on our boys during training ensuring that the boys execute the technique correctly. I guess that's why we're such kindred spirits. We partner up often because we're roughly the same size & height, ideal for stretching and Gohon Kumite. 😂😂
But here's the punchline, his name is "Tsukamoto". Imagine my amusement at the plain hilarity when I heard him mention his full name as he gave his parting speech at the end of training. OMG, he's a "Tsukamoto" too.. 😂😂😂😂 I've known for a while that his name is "something-moto" as shown on his belt. I just couldn't quite make out the first few letters preceding the "moto" as his black belt has worn off - which means that he's been a black belt for a very very long time... Funny isn't it, we've been training together for almost a year and didn't know each other's full name other than what's embroidered on our belt - his name is "something moto" and he used to train at a Dojo in Mita. I should've talked more I guess. I only got to know yesterday that he's a managing director of a chemical company called Showa Denko. Farewell, Shinzo Tsukamoto...
But here's the punchline, his name is "Tsukamoto". Imagine my amusement at the plain hilarity when I heard him mention his full name as he gave his parting speech at the end of training. OMG, he's a "Tsukamoto" too.. 😂😂😂😂 I've known for a while that his name is "something-moto" as shown on his belt. I just couldn't quite make out the first few letters preceding the "moto" as his black belt has worn off - which means that he's been a black belt for a very very long time... Funny isn't it, we've been training together for almost a year and didn't know each other's full name other than what's embroidered on our belt - his name is "something moto" and he used to train at a Dojo in Mita. I should've talked more I guess. I only got to know yesterday that he's a managing director of a chemical company called Showa Denko. Farewell, Shinzo Tsukamoto...
I really can't help but feel somewhat left behind at the moment. Somewhat like this lone tower.
![]() |
| Tower in Resorts World Sentosa- A7R2 + FE 24-240mm F.35-6.3 OSS |
~ Photos taken with Sony A7RMk2 + FE 24-240mm F.35-6.3 OSS ~



No comments:
Post a Comment