Friday, November 29, 2019

Nippy November

A cold November it has been in the evenings for the past 2 weeks, hence “nippy”.  It had been so cold in the rainy evenings that I could forego the air-conditioning for a couple of hours and only switched them on before hitting the bed.  And November had surely been a very busy month too. 

Mr Sun Hiding Behind The Clouds on a Lazy Tuesday Morning- Galaxy Note 9
First, I finally became a Certified Scrum Product Owner after attending a course in NUS’ Institute of Systems Science.  I really enjoyed going back to school if even for just 2 short days.  For a while I could forget about work and just learn new fascinating things.  It was really great to temporarily escape the office's monotony and enrich the mind that hungers for new knowledge.

Outside NUS ISS - Galaxy Note 9
Inside NUS ISS - Galaxy Note 9


And then I also had a chance to attend an event in NUS again.  This time I got to see how the bright minds from all over the world came together to provide high tech solutions for Singapore’s maritime industry.  It was an expedition of sorts, trying to determine if any of those new technologies could be adopted in the office.  But we came back pretty much empty handed since most solutions were for agency and ship management functions. 

PIER71 - Galaxy Note 9
I also went for a very short trip to Batam just to check on my dad’s property.  A number of staff movement took place while the crowd picked up which got me concerned whether they could maintain the quality of service.  Well…  more improvement still needed…  

Waiting Inside Thai Best Batam - Galaxy Note 9
Sometime before mid-month, I had a short date with destiny that was never meant to be.  But I wasn’t sorry about it either.  While I relished the opportunity, I couldn’t say the same for the general working environment.  Well…  Back to the drawing board.  

Words to Live By...  I'm Pretty Sure It Should Be "Lao Tzu".  That's a Red Flag For Me - Galaxy Note 9
Mid-month, my wife signed us up for a Cartier event at Robertson Quay which I attended very reluctantly.  I had objected earlier but she still persisted.  Although I was utterly incensed...  I still went along just so to accompany her.  I really hate such occasions.  Loud thumping music and rubbing elbows with numerous strangers in fancy dresses and women who put on make-ups that are at least one inch thick along with their fake eyelashes.  I do love Cartier for the impeccable workmanship, high quality and intangible sentimental value.  But not the bombastic marketing baloney and their plastic events.

Level 1 of The Pop-Up - Galaxy Note 9

Everyone Who Attended Were Given a Red Ribbon - Galaxy Note 9
The day after the event, we returned to Robertson Quay for our usual fridate where I enjoyed the surrounding better. 

The Colourful  Alkaff Bridge in Robertson Quay - Galaxy Note 9

And The Robertson Walk - Galaxy Note 9
The week after the event, we collected Lincoln’s report book.  I wasn’t very happy with his results.  He passed English, Mandarin & science while he failed his maths.  As I reviewed his paper, I noticed that he could have at least passed the paper if not for the numerous careless mistakes he had committed in the first section of the paper.   There were some giveaway questions for which he completely missed the chance for the free marks.  That, really left me exasperated…  Anyway, what’s done is done.   All I could do was to make sure that he does some work during the holidays too. 

And finally, we attended Lindsay’s K2 graduation concert last week.  My little girl will be in P1 in just over a month's time.  Without even realizing it, she would soon be 7 years old.  I couldn’t help but wonder how I could have missed watching my little girl grew up.  But I surely noticed that as sweet as she really is, she’s also quite a bandit to watch out for.  😉 

Waiting For The Concert to Start - Galaxy Note 9

Lindsay With Her Amazing Teachers - Canon G9X Mk2
And so... that is how this November came to an end.

Here's a closing shot for this entry: 

Blue Waters in Jewel - Galaxy Note 9
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & Canon G9X Mk2 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment