So December is finally here. And I've just returned from a short trip to Surabaya. The wifey and the kids are now in Purwokerto with my F&MIL. I didn't join them as I've ran out of leave days this year. This year we dropped by Surabaya first before setting off for Purwokerto as my B&SIL have just gotten their first child so we had to pay them a visit first. I didn't want to lug along my A7R3 and the FE16-35 mm, instead I brought along a Samsung Galaxy A70 for the wide angle shots. But naturally, sharpness and resolution must be sacrificed as expected. I just didn't expect it to be so bad in this Galaxy A70... I think next time I should just bring my FE 16-35 mm.
Anyway, the trip started in the wee hours of the morning when we left home at 5:30 am for Changi Airport. We flew by Scoot and oh boy.... it was really crowded even so early in the morning. We had to queue for counter assistance because the check-in machine couldn't cater to my maid who goes only by one name where they expect everyone to have a surname too. Such annoyingly meaningless self-service machines.... After checking-in, we arrived at the boarding gates just in the nick of time.
![]() |
| There's Our Plane - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| Waiting For Other Passengers to Complete Their Boarding - Galaxy Note 9 |
Upon arrival, the airport was packed with returning Haj pilgrims and a Singapore Airlines flight that arrived just mere minutes after ours. Baggage service was very slow too. It took us almost 45 minutes to clear the immigration and collect our baggage.
![]() |
| A Packed Juanda Airport - Galaxy Note 9 |
As soon as we were done, our first stop was Dentaland. The wifey had made an appointment for all four of us there with Dr. Handi at 11, so we had to be on time.
![]() |
| Waiting in Dentaland - Galaxy A70 |
![]() |
| Lindsay Having Her Teeth Cleaned - Galaxy A70 |
After Dentaland visit, we went back to my parents' home first. From there we went for a quick lunch at nearby Bakmi Keriting 33 before finally checking-in at Ibis Budget. We didn't stay at my parents' house as my brother has permanently occupied the guest room. He used to sleep in the room adjacent to my parents'. I guess he needs his own space now. The only other guest room in the house has been turned into a store room of sorts... So that explains why I chose to stay outside this time.
From Ibis Budget we finally headed to St. Vincentius A. Paulo Hospital, which is more commonly known as RKZ, to visit my B&SIL. We arrived outside the visiting hours, so we had to apply for a special permit in-order to go in.
![]() |
| RKZ Visitor Registration Area - Galaxy Note 9 |
RKZ is a very old Catholic hospital with lush greenery and a large green courtyard right smack in the middle. The hospital feels more like an old resort than a medical institution. And to find such peace and calm inside where it is always so busy and hectic outside is mindboggling to say the least.
![]() |
| Deer Statues Near The Visitor Registration Area - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| RKZ Central Courtyard - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| Small Garden Outside The Maternity Suites - Galaxy A70 |
I have fond memories of RKZ as I once was hospitalized there for a month when I was about 13 years old. That time I was struck with a severe bout of gout and had to undergo regular therapy and extensive medication. It was a one-off experience that left a lasting impression. I was warded with 3 other much older patients of very different backgrounds and my interactions with them pretty much grounded my views of the world. I experienced kindness from most of them, and I also saw the damage that old age did to the mind of another patient. And yet, their caregivers still showered him with undivided care and kindness.
Anyway, after we were done visiting, we went to Giant Express near my parents' home first for some grocery shopping before finally settling in at Ibis Budget. It was such a long day and we were so exhausted that we just skipped dinner altogether.
Unfortunately, we didn't get our rest immediately. There was an issue with the air conditioning in our room so we had to ask for a room change. Only then, we finally settled down and called it a day.
Unfortunately, we didn't get our rest immediately. There was an issue with the air conditioning in our room so we had to ask for a room change. Only then, we finally settled down and called it a day.
Here's a closing shot for this entry:
| HR Muhammad From Above - Sony RX100 Mk3 |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Samsung Galaxy A70 & Sony RX100 Mk3 ~









No comments:
Post a Comment