The kids returned to school this month. At first they were alternating each week, but as of yesterday, all of them returned to school for good. However, it's not all good news as Lincoln has his common test this week. *crunch time*
![]() |
| Just Another Sunrise - Galaxy Note 9 |
We officially transitioned into Phase 2 of the Circuit Breaker in June. I was quite apprehensive I must say, and I still am. I'm very worried about asymptomatic carriers moving in our midst. So I'm still very cautious when it comes to going out and try to stay in as much as possible. There have been numerous instances of Covidiots going around breaking safe distancing rules and safety measures. Yet, the ultimate Covidiots have got to be this bunch of morons. I haven't been going to a gym nor Karate training since March. The only space I have to practice is in my balcony which limits my practices to shadow boxing. Some of us are abiding by rules and practice common sense, so that things can go back to normal as quickly as possible, but there are also selfish people out there who just do as they please and as they like, blatantly ignoring their social responsibility. I mean, we have seen 2nd waves in Korea & Germany, as well as new breakouts in Beijing & Hebei. Certainly there's a lesson to be learnt from these incidents. Yet we have people (specifically morons) who just do as they please. The last thing we need is for the Circuit Breaker to be re-triggered. This reminds me of what my General Paper teacher once told me, "wise people learn from others' mistakes, foolish people learn by committing the same mistakes themselves". Obviously common sense, wisdom and consideration for others are not things these people have the capacity for. Well... enough ranting...
![]() |
| Great World City Roaring Back to Life - Galaxy Note 9 |
This is also a month of birthday celebrations for the missus and Linc, so celebrations were in order. As for me, I decided to take up a Python course from Udemy. I'm still dreaming to switch industry... somehow... even if I can't achieve that dream, hopefully the learning process will help improve my thinking process at the very least. Learning programming again was quite daunting, or so I thought... The last time I did coding was like 15 years ago for my final year project in NTU using C++. Python is like the new darling as it has a very good library for manipulating data tables which is very useful for data analysis works. So far I'm 7 hours and 24 minutes into the 52 hours course.
![]() |
| Hello World! - Galaxy Note 9 |
On the work front, I somehow managed to learn e-approval process in Microsoft's Power Automate by trial and error and setup e-approval flows for almost all departments in my office. It was a fun challenge trying to figure out how the flows work and how to customize them. Another team mate setup the access rights of the SharePoint environment while I worked on the automated workflows. It is still a work in progress with occasional requests for more flows. I believe I have only touched the surface of Power Automate, I'll discover them more as I go along.
I also had a surgery this month, just a minor one fortunately. The incision scars should heal by this Saturday I hope... Well, that's the not so pleasant thing that happened this month.
Tomorrow's the start of July. Let's hope things will get better in July. Here's a closing shot for this jerky entry:
![]() |
| Clarke Quay Sunset - Galaxy Note 9 |
~ Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ~




No comments:
Post a Comment