So how was November? "👿👻💢💣💥💩" That's my answer. I really hate this month with a vengeance. However I also accept that come hell or high water, the 💩 must get done. Nothing left to do but to grit my teeth and bite the bullet. I finished almost all work days feeling exhausted and angry. Well... All options were taken out of my hand... so.... I just had to take the bull by the horns.
The Deepavali weekend offered a brief respite from the f$#💥ed up work. It was such a great relief to be out for a while for a breath of fresh air. We went for brunch at Prive in Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) in the morning before our visit to the National Museum for "Doraemon's Time Travelling Adventures in Singapore" exhibition.
 |
| Beautiful Morning From ACM - Galaxy Note 9 |
On the way to ACM we passed by the Arts House at The Old Parliament House and Victoria Concert Hall. It was an enjoyable scenic walk in a hot, breezy and humid morning.
 |
A Statue to Commemorate King Chulalongkorn's Visit to Singapore - Galaxy Note 9
|
 |
| Making Our Way Towards The River - Galaxy Note 9 |
As we made our way to Prive through ACM we came across this beautiful Rangoli installation in ACM's main lobby.
 |
| It Is Deepavali After All - Galaxy Note 9 |
From there we went on to Prive, further inside.
 |
| Beautiful Deco Inside - Galaxy Note 9 |
I must say that while Prive's location and ambiance are amazing, the food's standard need some catching up. I really appreciate their effort of using plant based meat substitutes. However, they are not doing very well in masking some weird after tastes of those plant based meat patties. It is such a pity, especially when other eateries have managed to incorporate such plant based meat patties very well, such as Three Buns and PS Cafe to name a few. The final straw to this visit was how the kids' chocolate brownie not only smelled bad, it tasted weird too. It was as if they had stored the brownie in a chiller with raw meat and that meaty aroma somehow infused with the brownie. The kids only took a very tiny bite and couldn't eat the rest. I was not in the mood to be difficult with the establishment either so I decided to just let the matter rest.
 |
| This Big Breakfast is Decent - Galaxy Note 9 |
After brunch we hung around the lawn outside ACM and inspected the steel balls adorning the greens. I have always passed by this installation but never really stopped to take a look at them. No better time than now.
 |
A Lone Steel Sphere - Galaxy Note 9
|
 |
| More Spheres Nearby - Galaxy Note 9 |
We also dropped by the Dalhousie Obelisk which is just nearby.
 |
| The Dalhousie Obelisk - Galaxy Note 9 |
And that was followed with a quick walk to another Sir Stamford Raffles' statue in front of Victoria Concert Hall. It was fascinating, I didn't know there's a 2nd Sir Stamford Raffles statue in the vicinity.
 |
| Sir Stamford Raffles, in Ebony - Galaxy Note 9 |
From there, we made our way back to City Hall, passing the Supreme Court along the way.
 |
| A Greenish View of The Supreme Court - Galaxy Note 9 |
Just last week, I also had a short meetup with my old NTU SCE pals in Hooters Clarke Quay. As I made my way to see them, I caught a night sight of Clarke Quay which surely looked good in their colourful shades of green, red and yellow.
 |
| On Read Bridge to North Boat Quay - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Still on Read Bridge Looking East Towards Marina Bay - Galaxy Note 9 |
And here's the gang, sans "Mr Average Joe". This was a funny gathering. We were a bunch of uncles pretending to be in our twenties again, drinking root beer float in Hooters. Well.. Mr Botak Boss and Mr Gold 90.5 did have a glass or two of beer. These guys are my 猪朋狗友 bunch, but still.. we really enjoy each other's company.
 |
| Incomplete Gang, But Still Fun - Mr Gold 90.5's iPhone 11 |
Well... so much for this 💢💣💥💩 November. Here's a closing shot for this entry:
 |
From Yesterday's Visit to Tiong Bahru - Galaxy Note 9
|
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & iPhone 11 ~
No comments:
Post a Comment