Just last week, we had a short staycay escape at W Singapore - Sentosa Cove. It was a short 3 days 2 nights stay. I wish I could have stayed longer really, unfortunately there are just too many things that still need my attention at work. Nevertheless, it was a very welcome break, much needed too for me.
 |
| Going Up to The Lobby - RX100 Mk3 |
W Singapore - Sentosa Cove is a very nice 8 year old hotel (or resort if you'd prefer) tucked all the way in the east of Sentosa Island. It was like the first time we really made our way that far east into Sentosa. Check-in was fast despite the queue looking long as we had to abide by safe distancing measures and stood 2 metres apart from one group to another.
 |
| Check-in Queue - RX100 Mk3 |
 |
| A Reasonably Sized Lobby Decorated With Unique Artworks - RX100 Mk3 |
The lobby was adorned with modern artworks, although I think Pullman Jakarta Central Park's lobby is still way better than W's. What I like more about Pullman is that the artworks were done by local artistes and they have significant Indonesian touches. Whereas the artwork featured in W was the work of a Chinese artiste. I mean... Mao Zidong is not so Singaporean rite? There's a clear and distinct lack of character here. Well, that's just me I guess.
Anyway... It was cloudy when we checked-in and the rain poured not long after we got into our room. We went down to the lobby again and made our way to the restaurant as the kids went to collect their free ice cream.
 |
| On Our Way to Collect Ice Cream - RX100 Mk3 |
Since there was nothing much to do we just returned to our room to wait the rain out. I didn't really want the rain to end actually, I was quite enjoying the cool weather. And the therapeutic pitter-patter sounds the rain drops made were strangely calming. Well... As I said earlier, I really needed a break I guess..
 |
| Lovely Rain - RX100 Mk3 |
As soon as the rain was over, we made our way to Quayside Isle which is just outside the hotel and walked to the marina where many yachts were parked.
 |
| Sunset View From The Room - A7RMk3 + FE10mm F.18 G |
It was such a peculiar sight. I didn't know there are so many yachts in Singapore including those in Keppel Bay. But the marina in Sentosa Cove in particular, doesn't feel like Singapore at all. For a moment, I felt like I was transported to some rich people's playground in a European country.
 |
| For Sale - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Also For Sale, But Smaller - RX100 Mk3 |
After looking at the yachts we decided to get dinner in a nearby Thai Restaurant called Gin Khao.
 |
| Beautiful Illumination Along Quayside Isle - Galaxy Note 9 |
While waiting for the food to come, I decided to just hang outside the restaurant to snap more photos after sunset.
 |
| Glistening Wet Docks After Sunset - RX100 Mk3 |
 |
| West is Over On That Side - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Eateries Along Quayside Isle - RX100 Mk3 |
 |
| And More Illuminations Adorning The Walkway - RX100 Mk3 |
And after a while, food's here!
 |
| That's a Lot... - Galaxy Note 9 |
I kind of ordered too much actually.. The food in Gin Khao is really not bad and reasonably priced, given the location. However, I have had more authentic Thai food so it was just an average Thai dinner for me.
We walked around a bit more to allow the food to digest before finally making our way back to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, the W logo at the hotel's arrival lobby was nicely lit. I simply had to take a photo there.
 |
| W in Purple - RX100 Mk3 |
And after we were done we made our way back to our room. It was a very nice day well spent.
 |
| Taking Another Look at The Pool - RX100 Mk3 |
And here's a closing shot for the first entry of this staycay escapade:
 |
| Really Love This Amazing View From Our Room - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F.18 G |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Sony RX10 Mk3 & Sony A7RMk3 + FE20mm F.18 G~
No comments:
Post a Comment