Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Impromptu Bali Trip Day 2 & Day 3

Day 2 started with a trip to Kuta Beachwalk again as the missus wanted to exchange the kiddos' swimwears.  After the quick trip to Kuta Beachwalk, our next stop was Seminyak where we tried to trace back the trails of our past trip back in 2019. 

Let's Explore Seminyak - A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F1.8G

Seminyak is home to many boutiques, cafes and fancy eateries.  The missus immediately stopped by a fancy trinkets shop to check what they have to offer. 

My Cup Of Love - A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F1.8G

After that brief stop, we went on to Titik Temu, which I think is the best cafe in Seminyak; I love the drinks and the atmospehere too.  

Here We Are Again - A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F1.8G

I wish the kids could have been with us too just like the last time we were here. 

The Pretty Missus Sipping Her Iced Chocolate - A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F1.8G

Before we left Titik Temu, we stopped by Toko Pasar Pasaran where I took a photo of the missus just like Lindsay did back in 2019.

Just Like Lindsay - A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F.18G

From Toko Pasar Pasaran we wandered along Jalan Kayu Aya for the missus to drop by the fancy boutiques while I headed straight to Mad Pops.  And of course she had to have her photo taken there too.  

You're Mine Ice Ice Baby Always - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G

From Mad Pops we stopped by Seminyak Village to cool down from the sweltering heat.  And guess what I saw there.  

My Goodness Colonel Sanders, Chick-Ken? - Galaxy Note 9

Bali is always full of quirky and humourous stuff that are all in the name of good fun.

After the brief respite from the heat, we decided to move on to Rivareno Gelato.  Along the way, the missus stopped by another fancy trinkets shop to satisfy her curiosity for the cute stuffs.

Another Pit Stop to Escape The Head - Galaxy Note 9

Along the way to Rivareno, we stopped by Kim Soo, and after deciding there's not much to be seen there we went on to Bali Boat Shed. The missus insisted on taking some photos again there of course. 

Outside The Colourful Bali Boat Shed - A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F1.8G

And inside Bali Boat Shed, I ended up purchasing a new shirt for myself...  

I Beg to Differ, I'm Mostly Right - Galaxy Note 9

After that short escape, we continued to Rivareno, which to our surprise is now named "Leonardo"....  I guess Rivareno has fallen victim to COVID.....  In any case, Leonardo's gelato and sorbet do not disappoint.  Although I found the service sub par; there were no clear menu boards, some menu items are outdated and the pricing not properly displayed.  Leonardo's management really has a lot of work to do.  

Passionfruit & Mandarin Orange Sorbet - Galaxy Note 9

After the Leonardo stop, we moved on to Pison in Petitenget to meet up with the missus' bestie again.  Pison is another fancy cafe in Seminyak which has good vibes and atmosphere.  The cold brew is a miss for me while the cappucino was fair.  The truffle fries was awesome.  

My Cream Cheese Cold Brew - A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F1.8G

I guess Pison's food is better than their beverages.  

My Pretty Missus While Waiting in Pison - A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F1.8G

From Pison we went to Lucky supermarket to do some last minute shopping before we finally moved to Wahaha for dinner.  According to the missus' bestie, we came at the right season as there was no crowd at all.  During the peak season, diners had to queue outside under a tent.  I guess we were lucky!

The Famous Wahaha BBQ Pork Ribs - Galaxy Note 9

Dinner is Served - Galaxy Note 9

Cozy Outdoor Sitting Are - A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F1.8G

Even More Amazing at Night - A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F.18G

Wahaha's pork ribs were very good indeed, about the same as Morganfield & Tony Roma's.  

When we returned to the hotel, the missus had arranged for a massage session, unfortunately I had a panic attack - my diaphragm tightened and I couldn't breathe.  So I stopped my massage session after just 1 hour instead of the originally intended 90 minutes.  I rushed to Siloam hospital which was just in across the hotel, unfortunately the guards wouldn't let me in so I had to walk around by the streets to calm myself down by feeling the wind blowing against my face and breathing in the air.  That episode with the guards was really frustrating, I thought they had an emergency unit where I could see a doctor, instead the guards turned me away....  After I was calmer, I returned to the hotel for a shower. Unfortunately the panic attack came back and it took me until past midnight before I regained my composure....  That was the first time for me to experience a full blown panic attack....  I didn't know what came over me really.  Anyway, that's how day 2 ended.

Day 3 was strictly business, we started early and by 9:30 a.m. we were already in a nearby notary's office to pick up some documents requested by the buyer.  From the 1st notary we went to the 2nd one who handled the Townhouse transaction.  The townhouse complex has unfortunately been sold to another party without our knowledge and we were really concerned about the status of our townhouse.  

Unfortunately the 2nd notary couldn't help us since he didn't handle the subsequent transaction.  But thanks to his intervention, we found the 4th notary who handled that transaction.  

From the 2nd notary's office we went to the pharmacy first where I got some Zenmolin tablets to help me with my anxiety and breathlessness. From the pharmacy we made our way to the 3rd notary's office where the transaction for the 1st house was to take place.  The transaction itself took about 40 minutes.  My wife and I were so relieved to have finally been able to sell the house, although we made a loss of about 45%.  Yeah....  I was so naive back then.....  This has been an expensive lesson for me.  I am only grateful that my wife remained supportive of me all this time.  

From the 3rd notary we went to Karya Rebo to buy back some more Nasi Babi Guling & Wahaha pork ribs for the kids.  From Karya Rebo we went back to the hotel to do some last minute packing and check ourselves out.  Our next stop was Wahaha to get some BBQ pork ribs for the kids.

The View From Outside Our Room - Galaxy Note 9

Our next stop was the 4th notary who handled the townhouse complex's transaction from whom we did not get anything except for the 1st owner's daughter's contact from whom we could get further details.  

As it was time for a late lunch, we dropped by Souphoria which is nearby the 4th notary's place.  It was another Babi Guling spread. 

Our Souphoria Spread - Galaxy Note 9

I swear I had enough of babi guling by then.... 

From Souphoria we then left for the airport; we arrived 3 hours before our flight and decided to just explore the airport.  My heart was racing fast then, which was the side effect of the zenmolin; I was constantly sweating.  

And finally at 1915, we finally left for Singapore.  I was just very happy to be able to return home. 

Here's a closing shot for the last entry of this series: 

Let's Go Home - Galaxy Note 9

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Sony A7RMk3 + FE 20mm F1.8G~

No comments:

Post a Comment