May has been a month that is nothing short of maddening. Despite the short break to Bali, I have been afflicted with all kinds of sickness, some of which are old problems that have became worst.
![]() |
| Waiting to Board at T4 - Galaxy Note 9 |
To top it off, I have been getting panic attacks ever since the Bali trip. It started as a little claustrophobic episode while I was being driven in a tiny Daihatsu Ayla in Bali. I'm not sure what triggered it, could be my gastric or my aching lower back. I felt a big discomfort that resulted in my diaphragm getting tightened and it became hard for me to breathe. I had to wind down the back seat's window just to feel the air so that I could breathe again. I told my wife I was feeling nauseous so as not to worry her. But it was during the massage session that the attack became worse; I had to cut down the 90 minute session to 60 minutes and immediately went to nearby Siloam hospital, only to be turned away by the guards. It was extremely maddening that a hospital couldn't accept someone after hours. So I walked along Sunset road to calm myself down by feeling the wind blowing against me which comforted me somewhat. I then returned to hotel and showered before my wife returned. She did not realise what had happened to me then.
![]() |
| That's The Tiny Ayla That Was Suffocating Me - Galaxy Note 9 |
On the following morning I managed to get some Zenmolin to assist with my breathing, although my doctor in Singapore later on advised me that Zenmolin was not the appropriate medicine for my condition. In any case I managed to make it through the trip home to Singapore, I was so worried I would panic again on the plane.
![]() |
| At The Clinic Marina One Getting a Referral Letter - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| 1st Eye Specialist Visit @Gleneagles - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| Waiting in Observation Ward - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| For Blood Test and Medication Injection - Galaxy Note 9 |
On the following Monday, while on the MRT home, I started panicking again and had to exit the train at Tanjong Pagar. It took me a while before I could continue my journey home. And when I went to the eye specialist later on for the follow up, I panicked again while waiting because I couldn't find any windows. I had to run down the stairs from 6th to 2nd floor twice, I even got an inhaler on the first trip downstairs to calm myself a bit. Finally the doctor switched my medication to a milder one, but she did not give me any solution to my dilated pupil.
![]() |
| Waiting Again at Gleneagles - Galaxy Note 9 |
Finally I decided I couldn't take it anymore so I went to my family doctor in the evening who prescribed me Xanax. It was only after taking half a dose that I could finally sleep at night. I was given 2 days medical leave and still experienced the attacks although the frequency gradually reduced. Only the night attacks still remain to date. My wife has made an appointment with a TCM clinic for my back problem, I hope that could help. I have also been taking gastric medications to ease the nightly attacks. I have stopped taking the medication from my doctor as I do not want to become reliant on it, although that means still having to deal with the attacks. Fortunately they now only take about 15-20 minutes, only once or twice a day compared to almost an hour, 3-4 times a day then.... I will have another control visit to the eye specialist next Monday, if she can't resolve my eye problem, I'm afraid I'll have to see a 2nd specialist.
On a more positive note, I finally acquired an F1.4 lens - two of them actually. A 35mm Zeiss Distagon and the 24mm G Master. I was really pissed off, I could have saved a big amount of money had I waited a little longer.... But what's done is already done... I really have to save my money now..
![]() |
| Finally Got My Dream Lens - Galaxy Note 9 |
On top of that my Little Prince Pilot suddenly needed servicing too after 7 years. Well... that seems reasonable, but I'm just so mad that all these expenses have to pile up in the same month.
![]() |
| Waiting in Royal Square; 2nd Eye Specialist - Galaxy Note 9 |
May has been a maddening month indeed..... I hope my health problems will be resolved soon, so that I can start June on a much happier note.
Here's a closing shot for May:
![]() |
| New Souvenir From Bali Picked by The Missus - Galaxy Note 9 |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9~










No comments:
Post a Comment