Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Mad March

Oh yeah, the pressure's going up this month for sure.  I've been so busy at work that I have been working on Sundays for about 4 hours just to catch up.  I really hate this month... So the SAP, Salesforce & in-house ONE Finance integration project has started in full swing and it's really making life a living hell for me.  The SAP part which is the backbone of the project is not even fully implemented yet, the end users don't have a picture of how they'll do things and we have to design our new module without a clear picture of the use cases and processes.  The ONE Finance API is also still in development, which means we can't do any testing or have a clear picture of how the products interact with each other until the API development is completed in mid-April.  

Crimson March Moon - Galaxy S23+

For this project, I've been unofficially made the BA cum scrum master and also made in-charge of the UAT, so I had to arrange the meetings with the development team and the grooming sessions as well.  

On top of the project, I still have my D2D BAU tasks to handle, which is already consuming a significant amount of my time at work.  I've voiced out that I'm feeling overwhelmed in my year end appraisal, but it seems like that plea had fallen on deaf ears.  I'm really pissed off.  For sure I'm looking to transfer to another department which should be a lot more sane.

Work wise, we also hosted half of the development team from Vietnam this month.  It was a good catch up with the team that has always helped me with sprint development and incident ticket handlings.

China Square Where ONE Tech Stop is Located - Galaxy S23+

On my last Batam trip this month I stumbled upon a noodle restaurant that provides a healthier option for my diabetic condition in the form of shirataki noodles.  While the taste and texture is very different from common noodles, at least the flavour profile of the noodles still remain faithful.  It's such a good find in Batam.  

Hello Sany Noodle Bar - Galaxy S23+

Check Out The Menu - Galaxy S23+

A Shirataki Noodle Bowl - Galaxy S23+

On my Saturdays while waiting for Lindsay we've been visiting a Korean restaurant in Chun Tin road called "Three Meals a Day".  While the food is good and authentic, it did give me some stomach problems and chest pains due to the large amount of carbohydrates in the meal which resulted in my blood sugar shooting up the roof.  So after the 2nd visit we decided to come back maybe 1 or 2 months later.

Authentic Korean Restaurant - Galaxy S23+

And that means, last Saturday we had to visit a different place in the vicinity called Flag White which serves a very nice brunch spread at a more reasonable price than Carpenter & Cook.  

Our Spread at Flag White - Galaxy S23+

I've also continued my weekly walks with the missus when the schedule allows.  This month we visited China Town and Gardens by The Bay to shake up the routine.  

I really enjoyed the China Town walk when I discovered many little quaint cafes as well as enjoying the sight of beautifully sketched murals in the area.  

We started our walk from Outram Park MRT where we came across 99 Old Trees Durian cafe which serves not only fresh durians but also durian based sweets such as chendol and pastries.  That has to be the best discovery of our walks on that week.

Sights of 99 Old Trees Cafe - Galaxy S23+

From Outram Park we walked towards Duxton Road and then towards Tanjong Pagar as we made our way to China town.

The Former Jinrikisha (Rickshaw) Station - Galaxy S23+

And as we entered China town we came across many quaint cafes such as "Ri Ri Cha", "Chocoelf", "2D Monochrome Cafe", "Nanyang Old Coffee" and quite a few others that I can't remember.  

2D Cafe and a Lane Towards The Buddha Tooth Relic Temple - Galaxy S23+

Interestingly, there was a stall selling old digital cameras which was swarmed by youngsters whom I suppose must be intrigued by the photos produced by these cameras. 

Youngsters Checking Out Old Digital Cameras & Smith Street - Galaxy S23+

And of course, the beautiful murals....   I really love those.

Lovely Murals of China Town - Galaxy S23+

And then from China town we made our way to China Square where we dropped by The Amoy hotel which exudes unmistakably oriental China town charm.

Inside The Amoy's Lobby - Galaxy S23+

As we walked back towards Outram Park MRT we stumbled upon the unbelievably hot pink Coach Cafe along Keong Saik road, which was the last landmark of our walk.

That Definitely Strikes Out - Galaxy S23+

On the following week (which is last Saturday) our walk took us to the Gardens by The Bay, where we made sure to visit the rooftop of Marina Barrage - which was our first.  

View From The Top of Marina Barrage - Galaxy S23+

Slightly Different Angle - Galaxy S23+

Once we satisfied our curiousity in Marina Barrage, we went on to explore the other areas of the gardens.

The Super Trees - Galaxy S23+

Just Looking at The Lake - Galaxy S23+

Walking Towards Satay by The Bay - Galaxy S23+

Flower Dome as The Sun Sets - Galaxy S23+

It was such an enjoyable walk, we really should come to Gardens by The Bay more often.

Last Sunday I made Lincoln do some padworks to teach him the basics of boxing.  We went through some basic jabs, cross, hook & uppercut combos.  I was inspired by my earlier padwork session with Mr. Matchmaker, I think Lincoln might get to understand what he practices in Karate class better when he can visualize the application of the basic techniques.  I should make this a regular session on every Sunday I think....

On a more sombre note, I also bid farewell to an ex-team mate with whom I had worked with back in "K" Line.  I'm really quite disheartened to see him go, because he is one of the few people in ONE with whom I have worked with closely.  It felt like another piece of me has gone.  He's also the one who inspired me to take up Karate again back in 2016 after I learned that he's practicing BJJ.  As such, I'm really taking his departure quite hard.   

ONE, Not For Long.... - Galaxy S23+

And Another "One" - Galaxy S23+

In any case, I wish all the best in his future journey.  As I understand, he does not wish to continue working for "K" Line in Japan, as such it might become harder for us to cross paths in the future.  I will really, really miss this guy...  

And so....  Here's a closing shot for this month's lousy entry: 

The Missus With Kaws Outside Mondrian Hotel Duxton - Galaxy S23+

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment