February has been a month of celebrations of sorts. The first round of celebrations started with the Chinese New Year buffet lunch in office this month, which while not as good as previous year's but still sumptuous nonetheless. Of course there was the Lo Hei (which I didn't join), the God of Fortune going around distributing fortune cookies and chocolate coins too. But for me I was satisfied with just a good free lunch.
![]() |
| Picking Up Good Food - Galaxy S23+ |
![]() |
| Let's Eat! - Galaxy S23+ |
Work really kicked up a notch too. The blasted SAP integration project's 2nd phase is picking up pace this month, and I'm stuck with the admin work, or as the corporate word puts it, I'm the "driver" of the project.... Such a nice term for the enforcer...
This stupid project is so full of contradictions. The boss cares only about adoption but does not want to manage it, leaving the difficult part to his underlings while he courts the vendor and the sponsor. For the next phase we will onboard 13 countries, but we only have 300 licenses left, so he asked the team to find who can be offboarded. And we're somehow being tasked now to find ways to reduce cost of running Salesforce in the company, meaning we're supposed to clean up his mistakes. What a f&cking idiot....
![]() |
| These People Like to Talk a Lot - Galaxy S23+ |
Anyway, this month I got to spend time in Bras Basah as I had to pick up my lunar new year offerings from Kong Meng San temple. While waiting for the shop to open I just loitered around Bras Basah Complex and dropped by Popular for a little look and see. The murals in the complex really caught my attention for good.
![]() |
| A Very Large Mural Facing Victoria Street - Galaxy S23+ |
As I looked in detail, turns out most of these murals were done by NAFA students. They really did a good job.
![]() |
| More Interesting Artwork - Galaxy S23+ |
This month I also finally decided to stop Lincoln's karate class. I'm really fed up with him when one night he told me to "shut up". Well, he said he wanted to go to a tuition centre to improve his A Math and Physics, but I interjected and said all he'll do is just go to class late just like how he did when he was still in HCL and now for his boxing classes. That was when he told me to "shut up" that I finally snapped. I've really had enough and decided that I will just provide the basic necessities he needs and will not help him any further.
And guess what, just 2 days ago he called me and asked if I could fetch him because his transit link card does not have any money in it anymore. I just told him there was no way I could fetch him as I was still at work. Heck, even if I had the time I wouldn't fetch him. In the end he walked back home from school.
A colleague at work celebrated his birthday on the same day as Lindsay. I decided to buy him a cup of Starbucks, I needed one too anyway.
![]() |
| Starbucks Surprise - Galaxy S23+ |
Then in the evening we celebrated Lindsay's birthday without Lincoln as he was on his Outward Bound camp programme. Frankly I didn't miss him and during the period he was away, the house felt more peaceful.
![]() |
| No Matter How Old She Gets, She's Always My Little Baby - Galaxy S23+ |
I also got to visit Kinokuniya after Lindsay's birthday dinner. I couldn't help but feel disappointed at the sights of empty shelves in the store as Kinokuniya is downsizing.... A good book store is really hard to find nowadays.
![]() |
| My Good Buy From Kinokuniya - Galaxy S23+ |
And last Friday I made the trip to Batam to check on the renovation progress. We are now renovating the hotel lobby, which will be followed by the 1st floor spa and the restaurant. After that we'll renovate 4 more rooms and that's it. No more renovations..... At least not in the hotel.
![]() |
| Level 2 of Batam Harbour Hotel - Galaxy S23+ |
The missus has been extremely busy too as my father was suddenly inspired to run a cafe, so the missus has to discuss the designs with the interior designer, come up with the branding, etc. Unfortunately our share from the hotel has been rather meager. I've given up so much to the hotel from my own pocket, this month I even gone as far as giving them my PC that I built with my own hands, because the current one they are using in the front desk is entering it's 10th year of operations, can't run windows 11, can't run Windows update because the OS is pirated, doesn't have antivirus, etc. Even the missus has to start using her savings to pay for the kids' tuition. Fortunately for her, she got a freelance job which she can sub to another designer, so she can earn some extra cash for a bit, while I'm totally dependent on my monthly salary which seems to disappear as soon as it arrives. I can only hope things will look up soon.
Today has been a busy day at work too. F&ck it.... in fact it has always been busy at work all weeks... I ended work feeling drained and with a bad headache on most days this month... I also just came back from dinner earlier with my BIL's in-laws who are here for his MIL's colon surgery. She had this large growth that required emergency surgery, the surgeon removed some 20 cm of her intestines that were affected. And apparently after the surgery there was a slight complication, she had to go for a 2nd round. However, I believe everything will be alright after all these procedures.
![]() |
| Enjoying Sunset From Level 22 - Galaxy S23+ |
Last week I went for my diabetes control check and I was rather alarmed that my HbA1c has shot up to 6.7. I think I had too much Hokkaido snacks and pineapple tarts. It really is time to start detoxing.
Tomorrow I'll have a new oven delivered as my old one had gone to spoil. I'm going fully analogue this time to keep things simple.
This Sunday I'll be going to a colleague's wedding, and I'll be bringing the missus along. It will be the first time I'm bringing the missus to an event with my colleagues. In any case, tomorrow's our wedding anniversary, I haven't even thought of a good place to go to just yet... Let's just see how tomorrow plays out.
Here's a closing shot for this month's entry:
![]() |
| Beautiful Latte From Koji Cafe Batam - Galaxy S23+ |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+ ~











No comments:
Post a Comment