Sunday, March 30, 2025

Mangled March

March has been an eventful month.  So many things happened on and off work, some good, some bad... some disappointing ones too.  

From ION Level 5 Carpark - Galaxy S23+

Let's begin with a colleague's wedding that took place very early in the month, that was the first time I attended a colleague's wedding with the missus, after such a very long time too.  The last time I did that, I was still in NYK.  We went to her wedding banquet in Carlton hotel Bras Basah, they had some 30+ tables I think, 3 of which were reserved for her colleagues from ONE.  

Decor Lamp in Carlton Bras Basah Lobby - Galaxy S23+

Anyway, some of my friends then eventually find out how the missus looks like, as I've been a mostly private person who does not share much at work.

Tried Pulled Pork Ben From Surrey Hills Grocer Ion - Galaxy S23+

Then I also started baking again.  I started off with pizza, which I think didn't go so well.  The dough was not evenly stretched, so some parts were not fluffy. 

Mixing The Dough - Galaxy S23+

I could also be guilty of putting too much sauce and cheese too, which resulted in those areas not drying up quickly. 

Waiting For Delicious Pizza - Galaxy S23+

The pizza didn't turn out so bad, although it did take a week to finish them off as each slice is really heavy.  

My Pizza Works - Galaxy S23+

My next bake was pandan chiffon cake, unfortunately I didn't get the custard right, as a result the cake turned out bad.  The bottom half was practically dense.  So I decided to review my recipe and did proper rations to scale up the recipes, which resulted in a successful 2nd attempt.  

2nd Try Pandan Chiffon Cake - Galaxy S23+

Speaking of which, this month we spent some time visiting my BIL's in-laws who came to Singapore for medical treatment, his MIL contracted colon cancer.  It was quite a shocking news.  Anyway, she went back to Surabaya some 2-3 weeks after the initial surgery to remove some 20 cm of her colon, after which the biopsy confirmed the worst.  Right now she's recuperating in Surabaya after the surgery and will return for follow up treatment sometime in April.  Hopefully her treatment will go well. 

Chickens in Amoy - Galaxy S23+

Well, my MIL also came and stayed at my home with my BIL.  But I was not in the mood to entertain them as I was plagued with a very bad back pain which triggerred my panic attacks again; I had to take xanax just to calm down.  I visited 2 doctors just to get anarex, which I finished very quickly without any good results.  So in the end I gave up and returned to my chiropractor.  She really did magic, after the 1st session, the cramps in my diaphragm was immediately gone and I could start breathing better.  Only the back pain needed some time to improve.  On Friday I just had my 2nd session with her and I'm in a much better shape now.  It looks like chiropractic will be a regular need from now on.....  This month has been bad for my health for sure, after back pain, panic attacks and now cold.... 

Walked to Marina One on One of The Weekend Walks - Galaxy S23+

Work is sickening as usual.  My team has been "divorced" from the current department and moved to the BPIT (Business Process & Innovation Technology) in the office.  However I'm still stuck with the same asshole team.  And when I saw the promotion list yesterday I was very pissed off.  Hard work not paid off, still being asked to increase visibility despite saving the company half a million dollars a year plus monitoring the neverending service tickets.  Man....  It's just unfair to be in this team.  I've really had enough...  If I can't transfer out again, then maybe I should start looking out for good now.  When I looked at familiar names that got promoted, I can't help but feel a slight envy.  I'm really sick of being treated so unfairly.

From Marina Barrage - Galaxy S23+

What's left now is just waiting for the bonus announcement before finally deciding whether to make a move or not.  I like the company, but I hate the stinking team I'm in.... 

Sickening Work - Galaxy S23+

At work we also hosted some 15 colleagues globally for a 4 day event in Singapore.  Despite catching a bad cold I soldiered through the 4 days with runny nose and fever.  

One Of The Workshop Meetings - Galaxy S23+

Well.... my manager and the obnoxiously hardworking colleague conveniently took MC yesterday while I was still working despite my cold.  And I was surprised to hear that my manager was admitted to hospital on Friday evening.   So much drama in this 💀🗡💣 work place. 

Because of my cold I've also had to skip 2 karate classes and have stopped working out for almost 2 weeks.  Yesterday while going on a walk with the missus I had to stop at Clarke Quay as I felt lightheaded and just couldn't continue anymore.  Even the medicine from the doctor has finished and yet I'm still nowhere near well.  

Good Morning Pasir Panjang - Galaxy S23+

And Good Afternoon Pasir Panjang - Galaxy S23+

Let's close this month's entry on a happier note.  My sister finally gave birth to her first son, Timothee Jean Coulon on 22nd March.  So I'm a brand new uncle now.  Got the boy a 1 gram gold plate from Goldheart, visited at the hospital, but haven't got the chance to visit him at my sister's home as I'm still down with cold.  Don't want to pass Timothee my virus..... 

And lastly, the hotel's lobby is finally up and running 2 days ago, just in time for Idul Fitri.  Unfortunately the spa next to the lobby is not done in time, which pushes back the restaurant's renovation timeline itself.  And we still have some 4 rooms to go before we can finally end all renovation works in the hotel.

In any case.... Here's a closing shot for this month's entry: 

Always Love This View in This Colour - Galaxy S23+

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment