Thursday, January 30, 2025

Jovial January

So January started quite OK so far.  We had the new year lunch at East Coast Park on the 1st day of the 2025 with my parents, my sister & her husband.  We went all the way to Long Beach seafood although I was not too wowed by the food.  But at least it was a gathering all the same.  

Wavy Seas at East Coast - Galaxy S23+

We also had a steamboat dinner at home to finish off the leftovers from New Year, it was a much more intimate experience for the 4 of us only.

Our Steamboat Spread - Galaxy S23+

The forecast for my fortune this year seems to be quite good on the career side, and gosh... I can only hope that were true, I can't wait to move out of my stinking team for sure. 

Hopefully This Will Come True - Galaxy S23+

I also got myself a new Dell Inspiron 16 laptop to replace my Asus.  I'm still adjusting to the new laptop and the new Windows 11, although I can't quite part with my Asus just yet.  It is still a reliable workhorse, but I'm also unsure what to do with it once support for Windows 10 ends.....  

My New Dell Alongside My Old Asus - Galaxy S23+

Sometime in the 2nd week of the month, my manager's father passed away.  I really sympathized with her, the passing occurred just as she was about to leave for a work trip to Manila, right before she boarded the airplane.  I went to her father's wake in Bukit Panjang to pay my respects, it was a way off trip to another side of Singapore I have never seen before. 

Somewhere in Senja, Bukit Panjang - Galaxy S23+

Just before Chinese New Year, the appliances at home suddenly gave troubles; a power point that has been used by my washing machine suddenly gave way and the missus managed to look for a last minute handyman who replaced the faulty power point for a fee of $70.  

The Spoilt Power Point - Galaxy S23+

My hob also got spoiled while the oven's thermostat gave way.  I have yet to get those appliances repaired, but I certainly can't wait for them to get fixed either.  Hopefully by sometime in February I can get those done.  

C'mon Cat, Bring Me Good Fortune - Galaxy S23+

And of course lastly, there's Chinese New Year.  This year we had our reunion dinner at Red House Seafood, which I think served somewhat inferior food for the price they charged.  In any case it was a good reunion dinner that allowed the family to catch up with one another.  

Our Reunion Dinner - The Missus' iPhone 15

My brother and his wife came from Surabaya with my mom, spent 2 nights in Batam to have a look at the Batam hotel.  He was quite surprised to see the new rooms and consulted the General Manager there for some general advice.  It's good knowing that the direction I've set, as well as my wife's hard work finally made some of the people see the need to innovate and improve.

CBD Looking at It's Best Always - Galaxy S23+

I've also had to consider the salary increment of the 3 main staff who have been with the hotel for quite some time, analyzed 2024's performance against 2023, and finally got new chaffing dishes for the restaurant which could be warmed by induction cookers.  In all, quite a lot happened for the hotel in January. 

My Standing Donald - Galaxy S23+

And earlier today the whole family visited my wife's uncle and aunt in Simei, followed by a visit to Mr. Matchmaker's house.  My wife's uncle is going to get a surgery to implant a pacemaker next month.  He's been having quite a number of health conditions as of late, but I really hope he'll stay healthy and strong for a long time to come.  He really is a very generous person, kind with advice and always glad to share his experience.  

View From 10th Floor of Marina Bay Sands - Galaxy S23+

So far it has been a plain sailing January with some minor glithces here and there, but hopefully February will be much smoother.  

Here's a closing shot for this first, short entry for 2025: 

May The River Bring About a Prosperous 2025 - Galaxy S23+

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+ & The Missus' iPhone 15~

No comments:

Post a Comment