Friday, April 17, 2015

Here Comes Lincoln

After the Thai trip in April.  My wife officially entered her third trimester.  No more travelling, just rest and wait. Her feet were too swollen to go long distances too by that time.

I resigned from my job not long after we got back from Thailand.  It was a bad year anyway for the shipping business, half a month bonus and no increment.  I was rather disappointed and was pretty much decided that I should give my father's business a try.

I took some trips to Bintan to get accustomed to the working environment, know the staffs and get an idea of what to be done while waiting for my son to arrive.  

Not long on 28th June afternoon at about 1pm my wife was admitted to the hospital, her labour had officially started.

Seemed like Lincoln didn't want to go out yet cause we had to wait overnight for him to come out.  His head was facing up which made it hard for him to get out and my wife had to go on induction from 10 pm onwards.  So on 29th morning, the doctor decided to use suction and get him out.

By 8:30, Lincoln was finally out.  

After he was all cleaned up, this is how he looked
It was such an exciting time - first time I experienced all these and to finally see my son after almost 10 months of waiting - rather indescribable.  

Exciting times ahead at home and night shifts for me, but it was all worth it. 

Those fingers were so little, now they are almost as big as his mom's

I guess that's all for this post.

~ Photos taken with Canon 5D Mark 2 + EF 16-35mm F2.8L II ~

No comments:

Post a Comment