Monday, July 13, 2015

And Here Comes Lindsay

On the night of 19th Feb 2013, my wife's water suddenly broke just before 10 pm.  The doctor had cautioned in the previous week that our little girl will be due at about next week and his word is really on the money.

By 10:30 p.m. my wife was already inside the delivery suite awaiting her epidural injection.  Lindsay is really good girl I guess, she didn't make my wife go through a lot of pain.  The labour process this time around was much less painful for my wife.  Even the delivery was fast without using any assisted vacuum etc and my wife went through minimum trauma.

By 6:30 a.m. on 20th Februay, my wife and I finally got to see the little girl we've been expecting in the last 38 weeks.

Lindsay right after delivery

I was due to start my new job on 1st of March, and for the past few weeks from the moment I got the job I would always whispered on my wife's tummy "Come out soon little girl, while daddy still has some time to be with you" and I never expected her to actually listen and decided to come out at about just the right time.

In the afternoon the nurse brought Lindsay in again for feeding after they cleaned and warmed her up.

Sleeping so peacefully 4 hours after she was delivered

She was so small... that's my wife's hands
It was such a joy to finally bring this little bundle of joy home.

Here's a closing shot of Lindsay 1 week after she was delivered.

Lindsay at 7 days old - don't grow up so soon my little girl....
~ Photos taken with Canon 5D Mark III + EF 16-35mm F2.8L II ~

No comments:

Post a Comment