I went for my grading 5 weeks ago and got a double promotion. From 10th kyu to 7th kyu. In belt language that means I'm an orange belt now. So I skipped yellow belt and went straight from white to orange. Lincoln didn't join me in grading that time because he still couldn't remember his Heian Shodan (平安初段) and Gohon Kumite (五本組手) steps.
![]() |
| My "new" orange belt |
It's quite amazing that I didn't get the belt for so long because the sensei couldn't get a belt my size.
I would have made the trouble to travel all the way to Marina Square to get it if I had the time too, just that the weekend had been spent on additional make-up classes for the kids. They will be going on holiday in December so we have to cover up for those. By the way, that belt is not new either, it belonged to a fellow Karateka in the Dojo who has the size I need. Bless him for that.
The next grading will be sometime in March or April next year. I hope to get another double promotion if possible and become a blue belt - I'm quite confident since I can do both Heian Sandan (平安三段) & Heian Yondan (平安四段), even Heian Godan (平安五段). And hopefully by that time Lincoln will be able to join me as well. From 2017 I'll be getting him to attend one additional class every week on Mondays at another Dojo that has a special class for kids his age.
Here's a closing photo for this short entry:
![]() |
| Before the class started today - that's Lincoln on the extreme left |
~Photos taken with LG G5~


No comments:
Post a Comment