Last Friday was Lincoln's graduation concert. It was a combined graduation event involving more than 300 children from 29 centres which took place at The Theatre @ Mediacorp. It was just 1 week after his primary 1 orientation.
The event started with a presentation of certificates to the graduating classes.
![]() |
| Class photo at certificate presentation |
After that it was followed by a song and drama performance. My big little boy got a speaking role as the "Learner". His costume does look quite nerdy.
![]() |
| That's Lincoln wearing the tuxedo and mortar board as the "Learner" |
And after approximately two and a half hours the graduation concert was finished. The grand finale was grand alright. There were so many children that some had to stand below the stage.
![]() |
| Concert grand finale - all casts assembled |
As soon as the concert was finished, we couldn't wait to see him outside and congratulate him on the performance. I simply had to take another class photo of him and his classmates and teachers.
After that we went for a quick brunch in a hip cafe called Cafe Melba. I had always wanted to try eating here and it was an opportunity which I was not going to miss. We ordered Fish & Chips, Rosti & Poached eggs + Sausage, Lemon Tart and Strawberry Shortcake. There was a Pepperoni pizza which I forgot to snap too.
![]() |
| Top: Rosti + poached eggs; Bottom: Strawberry shortcake |
![]() |
| Left: Fish & Chips; Right: Lemon Tart |
The food was really good. The kids wolfed down the Pepperoni pizza so fast I didn't have a chance to take a photo of it. They must have been hungry since we didn't have breakfast that morning.
In two days time we'll be attending another graduation party in Lincoln's school. Will be writing on that too I guess.
My son is growing up so fast. I still vividly remember seeing him delivered, only 49 cm long and weighed 2.8 kg, 6 years ago. Sometimes I wish I could stop time so that he won't grow up too quickly. It feels like though I'm holding his hand, it's slowly slipping away from mine. I can only hope for the best for him, and be a good a father as best as I can.
Here's a closing photo for this entry:
![]() |
| My Lincoln and Lindsay |
~ Photos taken by Sony RX100 Mark 3 ~






No comments:
Post a Comment