It's been quite a while since my last entry. Things had been crazy too. A slew of major enhancements were released for one of my projects. Testing was complex, even up till now there's still one function which I'm not confident to wrap up. At least most are already cleared...
And some news concerning work came early this week too which no doubt caused some jitters (http://www.seatrade-maritime.com/news/asia/japan-s-k-line-mol-nyk-to-integrate-container-shipping-business.html) in the office. With the current market situation however, this is a logical move, better to merge, be lean and efficient than to sink (like Hanjin...) although it will come at some major expense on the staffs of the 3 companies who, if fortunate enough will be re-deployed to the new company or other existing businesses else it's the door for some of them.
I'm actually more angry than disappointed at this news. I mean, I've been working on the project for 3 years by now and there's a chance that it might not go off. Even if it does go live, usage will be limited to less than 2 years if the merger plans go according to schedule.
Performance wise, I know that I've been doing quite well too and I had been looking forward to next year's appraisal. But with things the way they are now I'm back to square one.
Going forward, I have to maintain a positive outlook and see this as an opportunity, although exactly for what, I don't know just yet. I'll be waiting and looking out for some signs (which will somehow appear, I hope..).
Here's a closing for this "lousy" entry:
![]() |
| Coconut Ice Cream + Jellied Water Chestnut From Co+Nut+Ink at Esplanade |
~ Photo taken with LG G5 ~

No comments:
Post a Comment