Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Linc's P1 Orientation

Last Friday Lincoln and I attended his school orientation at Zhangde primary school.  It was an important session as it was the 1st time I had to send my child to Primary 1.  It was the time to get some knowledge and information on what he has to do/bring to school, what should I do as a parent, etc, etc.

Lincoln was the first in his class to assemble.  I was rushing to make sure I get the good seat!

First Student to Arrive!

Every parent received an envelope with some information and forms to fill up.  Here's one insert detailing what to do/expect on 1st day of school as well as the subjects he will be studying.

Parents To-Do List!
And shortly after that, the kids were brought to their actual classroom to get acquainted with the teachers.


It was such a coincidence that his classmate in childcare will be in the same class as he is next year.  At least there will be a familiar face that might offer some comfort on his first day of school.  That girl right behind him in the video, yep, that's the one.

The principal then went on to give a talk which I think was a bit too long and too detailed to my liking - although in all fairness it was completely informative.  She went through a lot of trouble to explain the details and what the children might expect/behave.  I was however, more anxious to see Lincoln in his class.    

After 2 hours plus in the assembly hall, it was finally time to see him in classroom and complete some administrative procedures.  After that Lincoln and I went off to purchase his uniforms, textbooks and stationery - man, they are expensive!!  I certainly hope Lindsay will be able to re-use his textbooks later on.  

I left home at 13:30 and returned at 17:45.  It was that long to attend the orientation and settle things.  But at least I will have some peace of mind when he starts school next year.

Here's a closing shot for this entry:

Everything Lincoln Needs For P1!
~ Photos & video taken with LG G5~

No comments:

Post a Comment