After a long hiatus from Gardens by The Bay entries, I finally have the chance to write another one. On National Day holiday last Thursday, we went to Gardens by The Bay so that the kids can enjoy some outdoor activities. It was an enjoyable outing.
![]() |
| A nice cloudy day for a stroll - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
As usual, the first stop was the Children's Garden so the kids could have some fun climbing the tree house, some sand play and the water park.
![]() |
| Here we are, the Children's Garden - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
As soon as the kids settled in I explored around to find some interesting stuffs. It was a cloudy day with some wind which made for a pleasant condition to walk around. Unfortunately the clouds resulted in quite a number of gloomy photos as the skies were mainly gray.
![]() |
| Some new garden right outside the Children's Garden - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
My wife went for a jog while I just took a leisurely walk to enjoy this place I hadn't visited in quite some time. I really enjoy going to the lake. The sight of water there gave calming and peaceful vibes.
![]() |
| And here we go! - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
![]() |
| Nice sights along the boardwalk - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
![]() |
| Still quite a long way from here - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
I noticed that they have taken down the viewing telescopes along the boardwalk, not sure why.
And at the other end of the lake, I spotted a family of otters just fishing and swimming around. That section was appropriately closed to the public for fear of the otters attacking the visitors. Despite their cute looks, otters can be dangerous.
It must be nice to live like the otters, always stay together as a family and just play around, swim around and fish without having to worry about bills and installments.....
From the lake I walked back to the Children's Garden and took a photo of this big baby.
![]() |
| This sculpture is oddly named "Planet".... - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
![]() |
| Some small pond which made for a good photo spot - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
And finally back to the Children's Garden. Before entering the Children's Garden, I just stopped by to take this photo:
![]() |
| Another nice photo spot leading to Satay by The Bay - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
From Gardens by The Bay we went to Zam Zam for a well earned carbo loading feast of Martabak, nasi goreng & beehoon goreng. Unfortunately my photos weren't decent enough.... Some other time perhaps.
Here's a closing shot for this entry:
![]() |
| Lindsay in the water park - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
~ Photos taken with Sony A7R Mark 2 + Batis 2/25 ~










No comments:
Post a Comment