Wednesday, August 22, 2018

More Bits and Pieces of Tiong Bahru

So here's where I post other photos of Tiong Bahru that I took during the outing.  Too good to keep to myself!  

First, there must be the iconic murals in the neighbourhood.  

Bird Singing Mural - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25
This mural is the easiest to find in Seng Poh Lane car park which is just opposite Tiong Bahru market, and directly across Old Tiong Bahru Bak Kut Teh - their pork trotter here is a favourite. 

If you'll just walk over to Tiong Poh Road you'll find more interesting places such as Whisk Cafe, Sin Hoi Sai Seafood Restaurant, Merci Marcel and Ting Feng Seafood Restaurant as well as Drips Bakery & Cafe.  But over here I'll be more interested to eat in Tiong Bahru Yong Tau Hu - cheap and good.  Actually Sin Hoi Sai's black Hokkien Mee is also very, very... yummy....  

Tiong Bahru Yong Tau Hu, a must visit - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25
Walk further down and you'll find Ah Chiang's Porridge, cooked by charcoal.  Here you'll find some great tasting soy beancurd too.  Whenever I want some warming comfort food, I'll drop by Ah Chiang's Porridge. 

Ah Chiang's Porridge - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25
From here you'll walk over to Tiong Bahru Community Centre where you'll find another mural called "Home".  

Home - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25
Actually I missed another mural titled "Tiong Bahru Pasar".  The mural is hidden in a lane accessible from Eng Watt Street.  Here, I'll be distracted by Loo's Hainanese Curry Rice, hence probably why I had totally forgotten about that mural.

If you'd walk further down, you'll reach Moh Guan Terrace, but I'll just walk by Seng Poh Lane again.  

Here we go to Seng Poh Lane again - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25
Over at Seng Poh Lane you'll find 2 famous restaurants, Por Kee and De Golden Spoon.  Por Kee has so many delicious dishes, our favourite being their "Signature Tofu".  And at De Golden Spoon, they are famous for their Crab Bee Hoon.  Just mentioning those makes my mouth salivate now....  

Seng Poh Lane Car Park - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25
I did not walk all the way to Moh Guan Terrace this time where there are more eateries and cafes such as Flock Cafe, Forty Hands, Plain Vanilla, Ikyu, Open Door Policy, my favourite Creamier Handcrafted Ice Cream & Cheng's 27.  There are also shops here such as Books Actually, Strangelets and Woods in The Books.  So I guess the post ends here. 

Here's a closing shot for this post: 

My beautiful wife outside Whisk Cafe - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25

~ Photos taken with Sony A7R Mark 2 + Zeiss Batis 2/25~

No comments:

Post a Comment