While part 1 was about shopping in the wet market, part 2 will be about some of our favourite food in Batam.
![]() |
| Some of our favourite food haunts in Batam |
Without a doubt, noodles are our (me & my wife) favourite breakfast food. And personally I also like Martabak Har. Martabak Har is the Indonesian version of Roti Prata, but sooooo much better in my opinion than those found in Singapore and Malaysia.
![]() |
| Noodles, noodles and Martabak Har! |
Noodles is a favourite breakfast item for many Indonesians whether fresh or instant. There are many versions of noodles from nearby island called Bagan or even from major cities like Medan. Above photos are from Bagan and local Batam style noodles. Now, Martabak Har - that's heavenly.... Crispy on the outside, fluffy in the inside, fragrant and the curry? Fantastic! I personally love this breakfast although my wife does not.
![]() |
| Goat Satay & Curry |
My wife's favourite food would be Sate Kambing as shown in the photos above. Not bad, but best not to have too often for health reasons.
Then I also baked from time to time. I practiced baking Lapis Surabaya and finally nailed it at my 3rd attempt. 30 egg yolks, 350 grams of best quality butter and some melted chocolate.... Yes, those are the main ingredients for my version of Lapis Surabaya. I don't use Lapis Surabaya spice and rum.
![]() |
| Home made Lapis Surabaya |
And my wife also got interested to cook, she cooked a very delicious Soto Medan.
![]() |
| Home Made Soto Medan |
It was fun living in our own house, cooking, baking, looking for nice food. So this is the end of part 2 of our Batam adventure.
~ Photos taken with Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Bold 3 ~





No comments:
Post a Comment