Day 2 in Batu was packed with activities. We visited 3 attractions all in 1 day: Batu Secret Zoo, Museum Satwa & Museum Angkut. Of the 3 attractions I personally like Museum Angkut best.
During the visit to Batu Secret Zoo I forgot to bring the spare battery for my X-T1 so the camera was flat after less than an hour. Fortunately my RX100 Mk 3 was still full so I had a back-up camera.
Batu Secret Zoo is a zoo and theme park mixed together. The kids really had a lot of fun there. Along the way to the top I stumbled upon this great view.
 |
| A display showcase inside the zoo - taken with Sony RX100 Mk3 |
After this section, there was a horse riding booth where both Lincoln and Lindsay took turns riding a small pony.
Right after the pony ride we went for a Safari Trail ride. This could possibly be the most exciting part of the zoo trip. We bought some carrots to feed the animals and really got up close to them. The animals know that we would feed them and got really close to the tram we were in. There were screams of excitement from people who were somewhat afraid of the animals although I found them to be quite gentle, although somewhat bold and curious.
 |
| Me and Lindsay feeding a... I forgot what... - taken with Sony RX100 Mk3 |
After the ride we watched a sea lion performance show where I got a nice souvenir in the form of a sticker for answering a trivia question correctly.
It took us almost 4 hours inside the zoo until it rained again, but just in time after we finished with the zoo and continued to Museum Satwa.
Museum Satwa has many displays of stuffed animals. Some were plastic replicas, but overall the displays are really quite good. It was fast here, requiring just almost an hour to clear.
 |
| I don't know whether they're real or not, but they look grand - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| A display of lion hunt - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
After we finished in Museum Satwa, we went back to the hotel to rest before we headed to Museum Angkut. Museum Angkut is possibly the most exciting attraction for me personally. But take note that if you bring a camera (other than your handphone) you'll have to pay a fee, Rp.40,000.- if I remember correctly.
Museum Angkut is divided into many sections. The first section displays antique cars from various countries, very old ones and special ones.
 |
| 1st section right after the entrance - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| A Heinkel Kabinkruiser - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| Lincoln with Lincoln Mark IV - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| 1st level view of Museum Angkut's 1st section - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
After that the displays are divided by country. They are really colourful and interesting.
 |
| A row of American cars - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| And more American cars from the 60s - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| Courtyard leading to United Kingdom display section - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| A cafe in France section - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| Mini Eiffel Tower - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| And Hollywood - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| That's Hulk in Hollywood - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| Mr. Bean on his Mini - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
 |
| I have always liked Aston Martin, and this V8 from 1980 still looks so dashing - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4RWR |
Outside Museum Angkut is a market selling souvenirs and snacks called Pasar Apung which literally translates to floating market as it is situated on an artificial river.
 |
| Inside Pasar Apung - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
We finished quite late at about 7 pm then went for dinner. As I mentioned earlier food was really.... not fantastic.... and pricey too sometimes. But the most important thing is that we all had real good fun.
Here's a closing shot for this entry - one of the best views I've had in years.
 |
| One of the best looking sunrise I've had in years - taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4R WR |
~ Photos taken with Sony RX100 Mk3 + Fujifilm X-T1 & XF16mm F1.4R WR ~
No comments:
Post a Comment