So, here's the first part of the detailed post for our 2024 Japan holiday. This time we started our trip from Tokyo and made our way to snow country Hokkaido. The trip was full of new experiences, just as how our 2023 holiday was.
![]() |
| Let's Go! - Galaxy S23+ |
We departed Singapore on 29th November to Tokyo, this time flying by ANA. Our journey to the hotel was slightly delayed as I had to go to Terminal 3 to pick up a roaming SIM card which set me back by some good half an hour - this time we arrived at Haneda Terminal 2. We were all so eager to make our way to the city already.
![]() |
| On Arrival at Mimaru - Galaxy S23+ |
We checked in at the hotel at around 9 p.m. This time we stayed in Apartment Hotel Mimaru Akasaka as I was planning to visit the Snoopy Museum in Machida, which unfortunately did not materialize due to last minute changes in our plans. The hotel's location is nearer to Roppongi and makes it convenient to explore places such as Shibuya and Shinjuku.
![]() |
| Lindsay Getting Excited on Entering Our Room - Galaxy S23+ |
As soon as we dropped our bags, we made our way to Bic Camera Yurakucho as the missus wanted to get a hair curler there very badly. After we finished our business at Bic Camera we took a walk to Shimbashi for dinner at Ichiran Ramen.
![]() |
| Walking Through Busy Shimbashi - Galaxy S23+ |
I'm not impressed by Ichiran, frankly. That ramen joint is frequented only by foreigners as far as I could see. I've had better tasting ramen from other places such as a foodcourt in Odaiba and even Hakodate.
![]() |
| Ichiran Ramen Dinner - Galaxy S23+ |
Anyway, after dinner we just called it a day and returned to the hotel.
| End of Day 1 - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM |
On Day 1 (officially), we somehow returned to Bic Camera again as we were not entirely satisfied with the visit on the previous night. We spent quite a long time there as the missus was considering to get a new luggage. We didn't get our luggage there yet as we thought we should visit Mega Don Quijote in Shibuya, but I did end up getting a tripod for my phone. So we had lunch first at a restaurant specializing in fried chicken called Toriyoshi Shoten, which is just around Bic Camera's vicinity.
![]() |
| Chicken Lunch - Galaxy S23+ |
![]() |
| One of The Cute Drawings Inside The Restaurant - Galaxy S23+ |
Our lunch in Toriyoshi Shoten was extremely affordable considering the location and serving size. 4 dishes for S$45 in Shimbashi, that was quite a steal.
![]() |
| The Missus Exiting Toriyoshi - Galaxy S23+ |
From there we made our way to Shibuya where we watched the Shibuya Scramble Crossing before arriving at Mega Don Quijote.
![]() |
| Not Coming Back Donki - Galaxy S23+ |
Gosh I really hate Don Quijote, the place feels extremely claustrophobic with so many retail goods packed in the building and not forgetting the continuous stream of people going in and out. At one point I finally just gave up, went down with Lindsay and took refuge in a Family Mart somewhere near that mega store.
When the missus was done, we walked through Shibuya again before finally catching a taxi to go to Tokyo Midtown to check out the winter illumination.
![]() |
| See You Sometime Later Shibuya - Galaxy S23+ |
Tokyo Midtown's winter illumination may not be as fancy or scenic as Roppongi's Keiyakizaka Dori, however it offered a more intimate illumination experience which we can enjoy without feeling rushed, squeezed nor crushed by the crowds.
| A Different View This Year - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM |
| The Missus Under The Sparkling Lights - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM |
![]() |
| Hon and 2Ls -A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM |
![]() |
| Just The 2Ls - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM |
After we were done checking the illumination we walked back to the hotel from Midtown which is less than a kilometre away.
We started day 2, wanting to view the ginkgo leaves at Meiji Jingu. At first I thought it was Meiji Jingu shrine, however the missus said it should be Meiji Jingu "Gaien" just moments after we arrived at Meiji Jingu "shrine". I was rather frustrated that she didn't communicate clearly, because the shrine and the park are quite a distance apart.
![]() |
| View From The Rooftop of With Harajuku - Galaxy S23+ |
So instead of going to the shrine or the park, we ended up exploring Harajuku which is the nearest point of attraction to the shrine. We ended up at "With Harajuku", from where we stopped by Peanuts Cafe Sunny Side Kitchen, which is in my intended itinerary of the day after cancelling the trip to Snoopy Museum Machida city.
![]() |
| Waiting to Enter The Cafe - Galaxy S23+ |
I really loved the Peanuts Cafe, it was my first Snoopy cafe experience in anywhere. The food didn't taste very strong but I found them better than the Moomin cafe in Karuizawa.
| The Missus Checking Out Snoops - ZV1Mk2 |
| My Snoopy Pancakes & Latte, Check That Napkin - ZV1Mk2 |
I absolutely loved the cafe's interior too, with many small details added in all the little things such as napkins, coasters and furnitures.
| Cute Latte - ZV1Mk2 |
After that brief stop, the kids went to a dog cafe while the missus and I explored Uniqlo for Harajuku exclusive designs. I also got myself a custom printed sweater with Donald Duck poster print.
From there, we made our way to Odaiba to check out the life size Gundam and do some shopping there. The missus wasn't entirely impressed by Odaiba, but this time I got to see the Unicorn transform into it's NT-D mode.
![]() |
| Transform Unicorn! - Galaxy S23+ |
We then explored Diver City, had our dinner there and returned back to our hotel to call it a day.
![]() |
| Odaiba Illumination - Galaxy S23+ |
I really enjoyed that Odaiba visit, I even saw a shooting star in the sky when Lindsay asked me if that was a meteor or a shooting star. I didn't hesitate for a moment to make a wish deep in my heart as I watched that star.
On day 3, we started by exploring Tokyo Station as the missus wanted to get her cheese desserts from NY NEWYORK Perfect Cheese Tokyo Station. While she queued for that we explored the ramen street and character street, even had lunch there too.
![]() |
| Hello Again Character Street - Galaxy S23+ |
![]() |
| I Still Don't Know Who's This Cat - Galaxy S23+ |
Before leaving Tokyo Station we also shopped for some confectioneries in Tokyo Station and stumbled on a good find: Carametian. I will surely get that next time. From Tokyo Station we returned to Mimaru to make our way to Disney Ambassador Hotel.
![]() |
| Checking Out From Mimaru - Galaxy S23+ |
This year I couldn't get a room in Tokyo Disney Resort, so I settled for Disney Ambassador Hotel. The hotel felt very much like The Hollywood in Hong Kong but with a different theme.
![]() |
| Hello There Ambassador - Galaxy S23+ |
Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the stay in the hotel which allowed me to explore the Ikspiari mall conveniently.
Lindsay and I satisfied our craving for the amazing candy apples first while the missus went for her strawberry milk at nearby Ichibiko. Lindsay, Lincoln and myself went crazy over the candied apples, we bought 7 portions during out stay in Disney resorts.
![]() |
| Cravings Satisfied - Galaxy S23+ |
After we satisfied our cravings we explored Ikspiari and the many Disney shops around the resort doing our early Disney shopping.
| Outside The Shop at Tokyo Disney Resort - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM |
| Lindsay at Disney Station - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM |
After that, we returned to the hotel for a good night's rest before starting the next leg of our adventure at the Happiest Place on Earth, Tokyo Edition!
And here's a closing shot for the first part of our Japan Holiday 2024 series:
![]() |
| Good Night From Mimaru - Galaxy S23+ |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+, Sony ZV1-Mk2, Sony A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM~






















No comments:
Post a Comment