Sunday, January 5, 2025

Japan Trip 2024 - Part 5: Furano

After our extremely short stop at Otaru, we made our way to Furano next.  The journey to Furano is more difficult as on the last leg we could only ride on the local train without any reservations and only 4 trips a day.  Fortunately I decided to send 2 luggages to our last stop in Sapporo, but it didn't make our journey any simpler as on the train we bumped onto many similiar travellers like us, so the train was quite filled up with luggages.  It was just a one car train, strangely.

The First Leg of Our Journey to Furano - Galaxy S23+

We started the journey with a Lilac train from Otaru to Sapporo, followed by another Lilac train to Takikawa.  From Takikawa we had to take a local train to reach Furano.  I can't possibly mention how difficult it was going up and down the stairs while lugging the heavy luggages at both Takikawa and Furano stations.....

Welcome to Furano Station - Galaxy S23+

When we arrived at Furano, we were greeted with powder like snow right outside the station.  Lincoln and Lindsay couldn't contain their excitement and decided to play with the snow for a while.  Little did we know the snow at our hotel would be thicker. 

2Ls Playing in The Snow Outside Furano Station - Galaxy S23+

It was a short day, after checking in at Hotel Edel Warme Furano, we went to a nearby Lawson to get some dinner and just decided to call it a day as both the missus and I were still quite sick, although I think I was doing much better than her. 

Good Night From Hotel Edel Warme Furano - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM

The next morning, we started with breakfast.  It was a western set meal.  The missus didn't quite enjoy the food.  

Our Western Breakfast Set - Galaxy S23+

She didn't like the hotel from the beginning, mentioning how small the toilet was and the breakfast itself.  Well, it was such a big difference compared to Authent Hotel in Otaru after all...  

In any case, we still had to stay there for at least 1 more night.  After breakfast we took a taxi to the ski resort.  After checking at the information counter, we went to the New Prince Hotel to sign Lincoln up for snowboarding course. 

Beautiful Snow Resort - Galaxy S23+

I was actually quite interested too but decided to skip this time as my left knee was hurt and not to mention it was quite expensive; JPY 25000 for the 2 hour lesson and JPY 17000 for equipment rental.

Linc All Ready - The Missus' iPhone 15

So while Lincoln went for his snowboarding lesson, the missus, Lindsay and me decided to stop by Mori no Tokei cafe first, which is right opposite the ski resort.  

Making Our Way to Mori no Tokei - Galaxy S23+

Mori no Tokei is such a charming little cafe with beautiful interior, I can't imagine what it feels like to be enjoying a nice hot meal over a cup of warm coffee inside while snowing outside.  Perhaps next time I'll have that fantasy come true.

Inside The Charming Cafe - Galaxy S23+

Sweet Treats For The Visit - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM

From Mori no Tokei we explored nearby area and took some more photos there.  Lindsay became the missus' personal photographer, taking quite a lot of photos for her. 

Lindsay and The Missus - Galaxy S23+

Just The Missus - Galaxy S23+

After that we returned to the Prince hotel and I purchased some souvenirs there while the missus decided to go to an onsen inside the hotel. 

After both the missus and Lincoln were finally done, I was thinking of returning to the hotel already by the public bus, as I wanted to skip paying the taxi bill.  Howeve the missus insisted that we stay till sunset to see Ningle Terrace.  At first I was quite pissed off as I thought that I didn't want to spend some $20 for a taxi ride.  But after sunset, Ningle Terrace did turn into such a beautiful place.  I have to admit that staying back was the right choice after all.

Top View of Ningle Terrace - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM

Ningle Terrace was very beautiful, but also very crowded.  So many tourists from China, Korea, Hong Kong and Thailand all in one place.  It was quite a difficult to get a good photo there, but I was very satisifed.  It was like seeing a little village out of a fairy tale.

A Rustic Hut in The Terrace - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM

Higher Up View of The Terrace - A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM

Once we were done at Ningle Terrace, we returned back to Edel Warme to call it a day.  The missus was visibly tired as she was still affected by the cold so she took the public bath one more time.  I think that helped her to sleep somehow.  I was rather worried too as the medicines were running low, fortunately we would be leaving for Sapporo on the following day.

The Missus Finally Resting - The Missus iPhone 15

And just like that, after a night's sleep, it was time to leave for Sapporo, the last leg of our Hokkaido expedition.  

Saying Goodbye to Furano - The Missus' iPhone 15

Here's a closing shot for this entry of our Japan 2024 holiday: 

What're You Looking at Lindsay? - The Missus' iPhone 15

~Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+, iPhone 15, Sony A7RMk3 + FE24mm F1.4GM~

No comments:

Post a Comment