What a packed 3 days of business trip...
I started my day on Monday 27th April at 4:45 in the morning, getting ready for the 7:40 flight. I eventually arrived in the airport at 5:55. Yep, just 5 minutes to 6:00 a.m. And luckily I already did the electronic check-in the night before so I only had to drop my bag and get the actual boarding pass. The normal check-in row was snaking with too many people.... It was on reaching Bangkok that I realized they were connecting to Chiang Mai or Phuket.
Soon I was on board the plane, ready for take-off and shortly the plane was on the sky.
![]() |
| Waiting for take off, and look at that great view once we're up in the air |
The flight took just about 2 hours. On arrival at the airport, we promptly cleared the immigration, got the baggage, a local sim card and hopped onto a taxi to the city. I stayed in the Montien Hotel Bangkok (http://www.montien.com/bangkok/) in Silom. It's an aged hotel in a very convenient location which is exactly opposite my Bangkok agency office. But Montien's experience manifests in excellent service, attentive staffs and great food, although the hotel's furnishings could be better in my opinion.
![]() |
| Corporate Suite Room which I stayed in |
I didn't bring any of my big cameras because I knew I wouldn't have enough time to go around taking photos. Besides my bag was already too heavy from lugging around my office laptop so I just used my phone camera to take all the photos.
![]() |
| Busy traffic in Silom as the sun sets |
I had a quick shower and lunch - Chinese style Rice Noodle in the hotel's Ruenton Cafe. The cafe has a very romantic old European setting. And the noodle? Gotta be the best I've ever tasted so far.
![]() |
| Chinese style rice noodle in gravy - BEST I've ever eaten! |
The interior of Ruenton Cafe in Montien hotel:
![]() |
| Ruenton Cafe in Montien Hotel Bangkok |
Soon it was time to head to the office for the meeting from 1:30 pm to about 5:30. The office is located near Patpong and Thaniya street (very notorious areas I assure you). Whenever I had to walk past Thaniya street, I really upped my pace as I was somewhat bothered by the touting. I can't help but wonder how can an office exist so near such establishments.
![]() |
| Company Logo outside the building; Same highway at night; Thaniya street - Japanese bar street in Silom |
The colleagues in Bangkok office are very friendly and welcoming, it was such a pleasant experience. But no matter what I still missed home very badly. The meetings were heavy. On 2nd day we finished at 6 pm and on the 3rd day we finished at 7:30 pm. On both days we started at 9:00 in the morning.
By 30th April, I couldn't wait to go back home. I missed my wife and kids so much... The Bangkok office colleagues were very kind to arrange transport to the airport. On the way to the airport, I was very grateful to not be in that notorious Bangkok traffic jam... such a relief.
![]() |
| Heavy jam for traffic heading INTO Bangkok |
And finally, here's a parting shot of the iconic statue in the airport after clearing the check-in, security checks and immigration.
![]() |
| The Serpent Statue in the Airport at Duty Free Shopping Area |
Yep, the exact same statue my wife posed with 5 years ago.
And back to busy Singapore again to run the wheel.
~ All Photos taken with LG G3 ~








No comments:
Post a Comment