Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Canon EF 24mm F1.4L II

The EF 24mm F.14L II, is a versatile lens that quickly became my favourite from the moment I got it.  Wide enough for landscape, (almost) distortion free for portraits - as long as your subject is in the centre, extremely fast at F1.4, and very sharp wide open.  This lens from Canon really gives Nikon a good run for the money as its considerably cheaper than Nikon's own 24mm F1.4.

Wide enough for landscape yes

I've taken many good portraits with this lens, and when paired with 5D Mark III, the AF is unbelieveably fast.

Sitting on a becak
Ever since I had this lens, I didn't have to think much over what lens to bring with my camera.  I just kept it attached on my 5D Mark 2, grab and go.  Suddenly my 16-35mm became a special purpose lens for taking landscapes and event photos and the 24-105mm became a permanent resident of my dry cabinet. 

~ Photos taken with Canon EOS 5D Mark 2 + EF 24mm F1.4L II ~

No comments:

Post a Comment