When I worked in Bintan, I had the chance to visit an island which I think has the most beautiful beach in Western Indonesia - Mapur island.
The island is about 15-25 minutes away from Bintan Agro Beach Resort, depending on weather conditions. Be ready to bring sun screen, shades and hats if you happen to go on the dry season. I can assure you that the trip is definitely worth it!
| The boat trip to Mapur |
The moment the island was within sight, I was greeted by this wonderful sight.
Cool right?? The water was clear emerald green, so clean and shiny! And the beach has sand so fine and white, simply amazing.
It's a pity I didn't have the chance to do some snorkelling in the area. The coral reef in this area was supposed to be very good. Unfortunately strong currents might make for poor view and recently the corals have somewhat bleached according to the guide. So guys and gals.... increase that air-con temperature a bit and save more electricity yeah?!
On the way back from Mapur, I stopped by White Sands Island and a mangrove forest near Mount Kijang, which is also somewhere nearby Bintan Agro Beach Resort. Here are some photos of the place.
![]() |
| Not Mapur-White Sands Island & Mount Kijang Mangrove Forest |
Well, not much writing this time around, but more photos. I think the photos will speak louder than my writings and I hope you will enjoy them.
Here's a parting shot from Mapur Island Pier.
See you soon Mapur!
~ Photos taken with Canon EOS 5D Mark 2 + EF 16-35mm F2.8LII ~






No comments:
Post a Comment