Monday, May 4, 2015

Fujifilm Finepix F40fd Diaries

So I'm mad about Fujifilm.  Yep I do...  I don't have the photos from my first Finepix anymore.  But I still have those from the Finepix F40fd and now I have plenty from my previous X-E2 and current X-T1.    

I went on a short trip to Japan with my wife to Fujinomiya sometime in April 2009 for about 4 days.  It was a religious pilgrimage trip for my wife and since it was an important trip for her, I accompanied her.  I was already DSLR-less at that time so we only brought the Finepix F40fd with us.

Under good lighting conditions, the outdoor shots never disappoint, but perhaps where ergonomics and build quality are concerned, they still have a lot of catching up to do with Canon's Powershot series.  This is where the dilemma comes: I want good photos, but I also want a camera that is hardy with good ergonomics and these qualities are evenly split between Fuji and Canon.   
Top: Garden outside a temple in Fujinomiya, Bottom: Close up of a flower

It was after early spring, however the weather was somewhat cloudy and rainy.  So I didn't have many chances to get clear blue sky shots.  Well, not to let any opportunity slipped by, I just focused on taking photos of the sceneries and flowers which are just as beautiful.   

Tulip by the road side
I don't know what this flower is but it sure made a good frame
Here's a close up of a cute dog - Akita I believe. 
Cute Doggie
And one must not forget to take photos of vending machines when visiting Japan!  They come in all sorts of colours and sizes, mostly rectangular, selling all sort of things from drinks, cigarettes, instant noodles, and many more.    

A row of colourful vending machines
~ Photos taken with Fujifilm Finepix F40fd ~

No comments:

Post a Comment